Coverage I'd like to see | FerrariChat

Coverage I'd like to see

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by DGS, May 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    One thing that could spice up single lap qualifying would be, between the sessions, to let the manufacturers do a flying lap with their street machines. The Ferrari, Renault, and BAR F1 machines can lap Monaco in 1:14 or so. But how long would a lap take in an XJ8, an NSX, a CLK, an M5, a Clio, or an Enzo? ;)

If the F1 cars are half a lap faster at, say, Hockenheim, would they be a quarter a lap faster at Monaco?

No points -- just for fun (and advertising). But it might be an interesting segment to qualify the qualifying.

Thoughts?

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    This sort of used to happen at the Melbourne GP.

A BMW 318i would start, followed by a v8 Supercar (Aussie's premier tin top series) about 30 seconds later. The F1 car would start about 50 seconds later again ... infact the 318i would be not very far from the finish at all.

The F1 car (Williams) would catch them all (just) by the start finish line ... and made the v8 Supercar and 318i look very, very slow.

Pete

3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    There you go, being a fan again. Seriously, though, they should recruit ex-F1 drivers to the cause. How much would you like to see that?