CS OEM rear grill | FerrariChat

CS OEM rear grill

Discussion in '360/430' started by rizzo308, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    So I got my hands on a factory rear alloy CS grill. It's has maybe 1/2 doz small dents here and there. I've been told that it's not worth trying to panel the dents out because once the grill is fitted the extreme heat from the engine bay hitting the grill will cause the dents to re appear can anyone confirm this. TIA

2. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Is this from a Challenge (race) car or a Challenge Stradale (street) car? Heard they were different.....any idea on the difference in weight?

3. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    CS street car. I would estimate the weight round 3-5 kgs

4. Challenge 52

Challenge 52 Rookie

Apr 3, 2017
    DE
    From my experience and would be curious to hear from others..

Challenge Stradale & Challenge (Race Car)
    Both are aluminum
    Both have pre-drilled two holes in the center for the Cavallino emblem.
    Challenge Stradale will have two more holes on the upper right hand side (when looking from the rear) for the "Challenge Stradale" emblem whereas the Challenge does not.
    Both have bigger holes than non-challenge...

Later on, the non-Challenge and non-Challenge Stradale are made of steel and the holes are slightly smaller.

The only advantage of the steel is that they are not as easily prone to denting... especially on Challenge race cars when having to lean in and check on things while it's hot an in the pits...

Be careful as there are vendors that claim authentic parts when in reality they are fugazzi steel with poor fitment. Learned this the hard way. If you find them authentic OE Ferrari, buy it.

Part #s
    Challenge Stradale -- #67408000 Complete Rear Side Covering (Still Available)
    360 Challenge Race Car -- #65985900 Complete Rear Side Covering (No Longer Available)
    360 Modena/Spyder -- #65919700 Drilled Rear Side Covering - Optional (No Longer Available)

Lastly, when you purchase, they are a pain to ship as it is large and requires good packing to keep them from getting dented...

Hope this helps.

5. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    I can confirm the CS grill I’m looking at is genuine CS
    Grill. It he’s the 2 holes on the right hand side for the stradale badge and all the holes in the grill are 3 mm in diameter. I have a repo cs steel grill fitted on my car and the holes in the grill are 1.8 mm in diameter.
    Hoping I can get all the dents out and there not gonna spring back with the E bay heat.
    Cheers

6. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    I can't see engine bay heat causing repaired dents to re-appear? Could be wrong though. If you have the grill, go for it and see.

7. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Yeah, will have my panel guy hav a go at the dents.
    Thanks guys.

8. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    I tried to have my dents repaired as it was going in for powercoating. U can still see the dents but looked better. Ended up buying new CS grill