CS Stripe | FerrariChat

CS Stripe

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by robinh, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Hi,

While I've been on and off reading this site for some time I have only just registered.

Having had a 360M, yesterday I finally specified a 360 CS which is due for delivery (hopefully factory collection) in April. After much thought I have gone for the new Daytona Black, racing red/black alcantara interior, four point seat belts in black, yellow brakes and a white stripe.

The stripe is what caused the biggest problem for me. At 3600 quid it cannot be said to be cheap (although very well done) and it took much time between me and the other half to decide to go for it.

I talked to a number of people and found that Maranello have been tending to talk their customers into having leather seats and no stripe (don't think any of the 40 specified from them have the stripe but might be wrong) while Lancasters (who I use) have been suggesting that alcantara and the stripe are the way to go.

What is the concensus here?

PS Other half thought stripe on red looked like a cheap go faster add on but just about thought on black it was ok. I think stripe shows car is a CS but what do I know :)

Happy new year

2. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #2 360CS, Jan 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Robin,

HNY to you to, Im toying with ordering a new CS after seeing the real thing (Wazza,s) at the last meeting.

Your choice of Spec sounds nice, I personally think the stripe looks the part, and also a little boy racer,ish. Its also a lot of money, id go for a vinyl graphic, at a fraction of the cost it can be removed when re-sale comes round.

Looking forward to seeing your pics on board when you take delivery.

Was the Maranello / lancaster choice due to experience? I purchased my Spider through Maranello Sales.. They are reluctant to take any more oders as they have allocated as many as they can...

All the best.

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Check out pictures in posts #16 & 17 - compare to #18.
    Thankfully, jdb had the good sense to put those pics in that particular order, as #16 & 17 were in Ferrari's wing and #18 was actually on a different floor in a different section of the large building (Aftermarket Wheels).
    For what it's worth - I think the stripes and 360 go together like peas in a pod.

4. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I've had a long history buying cars from Lancaster Group (Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW) and have not yet been let down by them.

They have always given good service when the chips are down, just one example was my custom painted metallic yellow C4 CAB which I damaged. When they mixed the paint the colour code Porsche gave came out red. Not only did they sort all of this out, amongst other things they also painted (at no cost) a Merc my au-pair damaged, without my having to complain.

I have always found Maranello a little aloof, perhaps it's me, while Lancaster Colchester have been very friendly, even arranging factory collection of the 360CS, which, I think, Maranello say cannot be done.

5. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    The black wheels post #18 look dreadful!

I also have a picture of a black 360 CS with stripe which I'll post later

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #6 360CS, Jan 3, 2004

Robin,

I bought my 320 Cab from Lancaster in Chelmsford ( not impressed ) but was reccomended to use Colchester and never bothered . I then used what was Smac to purchase a SL500 which was also not a great story.

Cars Eh!!!

I love the Ferrari but reserve comment on dealerships....

7. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #7 360CS, Jan 3, 2004

Look forward to it

8. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Perhaps in the end it's the actual people we deal with or maybe the dealer manager - who knows - some of my experiences have been really awful. What was 'Three Counties' (Merc in Bristol and now part of Dick Lovett) stole money me using the finace paperwork. Actaully ynot just me but a mate of mine also had the same scam done to him by the same dealer but it proved hard to get them legally, especially as the sales girl and finace chap moved on after the dealer changed hands.

I guess I also stuck with Lancaster because I know them and don't want to start yet another relationship with these car dealer types :)

9. Badapple

Badapple Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2003
    West London
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I'm yet to see a CS in the flesh, but from looking at photo's I'd definately go for the stripe. I'm yet to see a black one, but I think they look really nice on the red/blue cars.
    Congrats on the new car & hope you enjoy.
    Love to see photo's when it arrives.

Regards
    Phil

10. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well, I think people are gradually getting used to the stripe, though it still seems to be a 'marmite' thing. I've gone for the same spec as you Robin, except my car will be Scuderia. My wife dislikes the stripe too; thinks it ruins it. In the end I couldn't resist though and with this one, it's not even remotely a 'family decision'. So I'm bloody well having it!

Specifying leather would be a no brainer on a 360 Modena, but as Manu pointed out, this car is a blood relative of the F40. Has to be alcantara.

Kevin

11. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Picture as promised - the car is a demonstrator which Lancaster have. It's not as good a picture as I would have liked but ....

12. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Robin,
    I'm with you on going for the stripe.I think it really makes the car but at £3.6 k you have to be sure you're going to still like it 2 yrs down the line!
    Tony

13. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    here's another vote for the stripe - I'm a brit living in Boston and my Red/Stripe/Alcantara car will be coming in early spring. I posted the "stripe/no stripe" thead a while back and about 60% of voters in the end were in favour.

Lets face it, a 360CS is not a rational puchase at the best of times, so I say have the stripe!

Black w/ stripe was my second choice, my current 360 is black but I've got a little bored of it looking dirty too easily. It looks fantastic when freshly cleaned, but looks mucky quickly.

14. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Absolutely! And anyway, I figure it'll be the same deal as when the Enzo first came out and everyone was *****ing about how ugly it was. You don't hear that very often now.

Egad! It censored 'mother of the dog'! Well ***k me!

15. paul360m

paul360m Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Nr Heathrow
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Specced my CS yesterday & didnt hesitate to tick the box with the stripe!!

Ok, its a bit steep, but, heh, what the hell - at least its different - only problem is that the missus may now notice a change in cars!!

Cheers

paul

16. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Oh yes must have the stripe! Hell when you're spending 100+K on a car whats another 3.5K?

Looks ace with the stripe IMO.

17. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Hi Robin,

What colour did you go for in the end?

Warren

18. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    I specified my CS before xmas and chose scuderia with the beige leather and 4 point harness through maranello. maranello told me that no one had opted for the stripe yet. I personally did not opt for the stripe because IMO the stripe looks best only with the plastic windows and therefore makes it look evern more track ready-racerish if you know what I mean. With the normal windows it seems just a touch too contrived for my liking. Anyway I would have gotten huge amount of flak if I turned up to work in a F car with a huge stripe running along the car!

the only thing I have now is second doubts about specifying the beige leather seats. I know they are a bit more slippery than the alcantara. Can you order all black alcantara? Does anyone know if I can change spec at this stage? The car apparently goes into production in May with a delivery June. Any suggestions

19. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Sound to me like you have pletty of time to change the spec if you want too.

Your the client. Just phone them and tell them what you want.
    I'm sure everybody changes their spec a million times I know I did.

Hummed and harred like an old women for months.

Wazza

20. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

Its a Stradale my man...not a 360 Modena....:)