CS Thread | FerrariChat

CS Thread

Discussion in '360/430' started by matt, Dec 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. matt

matt Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    So much talk about the 430, I still love the CS.

2. jim g

jim g Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2003
    Waverly, Pa.
    Full Name:
    Jim Gress
    Me to, but I still can't wait to drive the 430.

3. johnw

johnw Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2002
    toronto
    Full Name:
    john
    i think the cs looks faaarrrr better than the 430.

4. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#4 maranelloman, Dec 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The 430 look is growing on me, but i still prefer the Stradale look overall.

For me, the front spoiler really does SPOIL the look of the F430 and along with those strange front lights it looks... well... weird.

:)

6. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    well matt i would think you would love the cs you have had like everycolor but white right?
    i couldnt agree with you more on that the 430 just doesent do it for me
    talk to you soon matt

7. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    The F430 appeals to the Engineer in me for its tech bits, especially the E-diff.

However, the Challenge Stradale appeals to every other part of me, epecially the adrenaline junkie and the lover-of-sexy-lines part. Make mine Rosso Scuderia with the stripe, please.

8. quickysrt

quickysrt Karting

Nov 17, 2004
    virginia beach, va
    Full Name:
    harlow
    i am still bent on getting my hands on a cs.....but!........all these damn f430vids are making me like it :)

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I love em both - Especially your TDF CS.

10. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    There is a yellow one out here...

11. dlyang12

dlyang12 Rookie

Dec 12, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    Full Name:
    Julian den YANG
    #11 dlyang12, Dec 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello,

I 've just got my CS a month ago, since I've ordered CS 2004 in last APRIL with options I requested.
    It took 6 months to get delivery, and this is one of the last production Ferrari said......

I'm thinking about having NOVITEC supercharged Tunning Program " Supersport 606 HP "

Have you guys heard about that NOVITEC tunner and any experiences? impressions?

Has anyone changed bigger rims and Tyres? What size? I need to know to go next stage.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. exoticalex

exoticalex Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Walnut Creek, Ca
    Full Name:
    Alex L
    Im still in love with the CS. The F430 looks like it just might step up to the plate, but the CS looks better IMO.

13. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    With 19's on it already, and so little rubber between you & a nasty bent rim, I don't think you want to go to larger diameter rims. As for wider, you could explore the rim width/tires used on the Challenge series race cars. Also, you must know that Supercharging a car that wasn't originally made for one is risky business from a reliability standpoint, as well as instantly voiding your factory warranty. Better find out what Novitec's policy is on backing the warranty of their SC package.

14. dlyang12

dlyang12 Rookie

Dec 12, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    Full Name:
    Julian den YANG
    I'll listen to your advice....

However, Novitec person keep trying hard pushing me get on Supersport stage program, and I know that he is in his business seriously.

Another Q's :

Don't you think that front tyre(225-45-19) is too narrow for the CS?

Because Ferrari made this CS to be oversteering all the time?

15. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Why would you think that putting larger tires on the front would cause less oversteer? It seems to me that the effect of having even more tread up front would be the exact opposite, causing *more* oversteer. We really need to hear from track experienced ppl on this issue.

16. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    All things being equal, smaller front tires equals understeer, not oversteer. Not to worry, though, the CS is beautifully balanced, on track or street, with the stock tire size.

Gary

17. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    With all due respect, I think you'd have to be crazy to do anything to upset what is probably the finest balanced production car available today by messing with the wheels and tires. These guys even went to the trouble to use titanium lug nuts to lower unsprung weight after all! You put bigger (or even different) wheels and tires on that car and I bet you it handles noticeably worse than stock and probably rides like crap as well. FWIW, understeer is all but absent from the CS bone stock.

More power though is an entirely different situation :)

18. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Typically this would be the case. Over and understeer merely reflect a loss of grip on one end of the car or the other. Larger contact patches produce more grip and therefore lessen the situation of losing it - as long as both ends aren't upsized equally.