Sold - Custom 18" Speedline Alessio Wheels for Ferrari 348, F355, or Testarossa | FerrariChat

Sold Custom 18" Speedline Alessio Wheels for Ferrari 348, F355, or Testarossa

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Closingtime, Apr 11, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Closingtime

Closingtime Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2020
    I'm selling a custom set of 18” Speedline Alessio Wheels with larger lips for aggressive fitment. These were originally installed on an auto industry entrepreneur and wheel executive’s F355 that was lowered on air bags. I purchased this set from another well know auto industry entrepreneur, but never installed them on my F355.

The Front tires are Michelin Pilot Sport 4 - 215/40 R18 and Rears are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S - 245/35 ZR18 with the earliest date code of 44/17 and the latest of 31/19. They still have plenty of tread and can be driven as is. I believe they will also fit the 348 and Testarossa, but please do your own due diligence.

The front lips are approximately 1.75” and the rear lips are approximately 3.25”. These wheels are not for everyone and could easily be re-lipped to be less aggressive. There are some minor marks on the wheel faces, some marks on the lips, and marks on the inside of the wheels as they are used.

I’m asking $3,500, which is the lowest price I’ve seen Speedlines listed for. Located in Orange County, CA, but I can ship them at the buyer’s expense.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jasonberkeley likes this.
  2. Ferrarista98

Ferrarista98 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jason L
    Any idea on the weight of these wheels front and rear? Any pics on a 355?

3. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    I took one of the rear wheels to UPS to get shipping quotes. It weighed 49 lbs and 5.2 ounces. The fronts should be about 5 lbs lighter. Shipping across the country to Mass. with $3,500 worth of insurance was about $575.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Dockboy

Dockboy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2013
    Maryland
    What are the actual rim widths and actual offsets?

Thanks

5. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Do they have speedline lips or generic lips? Speedline used lips with "speedline" etched on them.

6. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    I believe they are 8.5" and 10" wide. I'll measure the wheels later.

7. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    I don't see the Speedline etchings, so they must be generic lips. I found another photo that Mark Arcenal posted of the wheels on his car. That car and these wheels were sold to Bryan of Period Correct and then @Tarek307 purchased and sold the car. I purchased the wheels from Bryan separately.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    They’re excellent wheels for sure.

Closingtime likes this.
  9. Dockboy

Dockboy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2013
    Maryland
    I appreciate it. Please don't forget to measure the offset. If the lips have been extended, the wheel width and offset will not be what is cast in the wheel.

10. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    I measured the wheels tonight and found that they are 18 x 8.5" in the front and 18 x 10.5" in the rear. The front backspacing is approximately 5.25" and plugging that into online calculators, you get around +12 or +13 offset. The rear backspacing is about 6.75/6.8" and when plugged into online calculators, you get around +26 offset. Hopefully this is helpful and accurate. I found additional photos showing the fitment on his former F355 that was stock bodied.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Hmm not sure the offset calculations are right. Front looks more 30s?

Very cool wheels though…I would love a set on one of my cars….offset/filament pending

Closingtime likes this.
  12. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    Agreed. Comparing the fitment photos (front especially) to the offset calculator doesn't make sense. Buy these and you can re-lip to any custom offset you want.

13. Dockboy

Dockboy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2013
    Maryland
    Closingtime likes this.
  14. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    I'll measure again today. I measured the front at +21/22 and the rear at +39/40 the other night.

15. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    Here are my final measurements, which are as accurate as I can get:

Front Wheel Specs: 18" x 8.5" +25 Offset

Rear Wheel Specs: 18" x 10.5" +40.5 Offset

Hopefully that helps your decision.

16. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    The rear specs make sense but the fronts seem low compared to what I’m
    seeing on the car. Maybe the camber is confusing me.

Regardless boys, it’s a fair price and one of a very few period correct 3pc wheels that look good on a 348.

Closingtime likes this.
  17. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Those numbers look about right to my eye after accounting for the extreme camber angle honestly. A touch too low front / high in rear for me so will have to pass but realize those numbers should also work on 360s. GLWS

Closingtime likes this.
  18. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    Thank you! I want someone to use them on their car instead of having them sit around collecting dust. They're one of my favorite wheels, but I will be selling my car with the stock wheels in the future.

I understand. These wheels are rare enough that I purchased them intending to re-lip them to be flush. I think they're priced fairly and I'm negotiable if you decide to go that route.

Auraraptor likes this.
  19. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    f355spider and Closingtime like this.
  20. Dockboy

Dockboy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2013
    Maryland
    Thanks!

I have to do some figuring ; )

Closingtime likes this.
  21. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3

Nov 8, 2004
    I have a set of these with stock offsets for a 355 ... these wheels are offset quite a bit less to widen the track and without that camber in the rear would probably rub against the bodywork, esp if tyred with the correct width tyres for a 10.5" rim (265-275). In other words, these wheels are dimensioned for flares.

22. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
  23. Dockboy

Dockboy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2013
    Maryland
    Sorry... one more question...

Are the 8.5" & 10.5" width's you state measured inside "bead to bead" or outside "lip to lip"?

Thanks again!

Closingtime likes this.
  24. Closingtime

Apr 1, 2020
    I measured lip to lip on the wheels.

25. ChoonHound

ChoonHound Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 13, 2022
    Saint Michaels, MD
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Then they’re 8 and 10”. You can’t really measure with tires mounted. Usually that lip adds .5”.