News

Cylinder head bolt wrench

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lou staller, Nov 24, 2003.

1. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    I really need some help with this one! I am looking for the wrench to remove the cylinder head nuts on a '84 308 QV. I went to my local Ferrari dealer to see if I could borrow/rent it for a few hours and was told it was against their company policy. So, here I am looking for a fellow F-Chatter that has the tool and is willing to let me borrow or rent it for a few days. Of course I'll pay all the shipping costs and a rental charge. Help me get these heads off! Please e-mail me at stallerl@socal.rr.com or through the list.
    I really would appreciate it. Thanks...

2. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't know about the QV, but on my 308 2v I used a thin socket

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob F1 World Champ
    Owner Consultant

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Lou Baum tools may have what you need. Do you have the ability to cut a wrench to fit? If you buy a cheap wrench and know what shape you want I can cut it and weld it and harden it for you in about 20 minutes but you have to drive up close to Torrance. I think I remember the approximate shape. I would start with a box wrench to sacrifice then a socket to get the 1/2" drive. Do a bit of cutting and welding and you are set. I think the wrench is supposed to look like a crows foot style but box head with a square cut in it on the top for the torque wrench.

4. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Lou-

You can make it yourself, or you can buy one from Mac Tools.

All it is, is an offset box wrench cut in half and welded to a 2" or 3", 3/8 drive drive extension.

5. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I just bought on from trutland--paid about 70.00 for it..
    Was going to make one but was too busy with other things

where are you? i can mail it to you for a few days use

Charles
    cicatlanta@aol.com