Daniel Ricciardo way overrated. | Page 22 | FerrariChat

Daniel Ricciardo way overrated.

Discussion in 'F1' started by Edward 96GTS, Apr 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ric is saying he's not interested in Haas. The smart moves just keep coming. His arrogance... the narcissism... is beyond the pale. Someone needs to sit him down and tell him the truth that he's just a failed driver... a washout like so many other mediocre drivers who have been behind the wheel. I'll be so happy if I don't have to see or hear him next year.

E60 M5, kylec, jpalmito and 1 other person like this.
  2. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    he needs to take any f1 ride.
    slightly off topic, why is haas so bad? i thought they were supported by ferrari.
    they really need to get rid of Gunther as he makes the team look so trailer trashy. he must be a great BS’er.

3. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Without Guenther Steiner, there would be no Haas F1 team; it's him who convinced Gene Haas to enter.

Gene Haas promised him to back the team for 10 years, and he has almost fufilled that.

I like Steiner; he is a genuine guy who doesn't mince his words but tells it as it is.

F1 could do with more characters like him, beside, he achieves a lot with very little.

paulchua, E60 M5, jpalmito and 2 others like this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Gene refuses to investany more money in the team. No money, no upgrades, no speed.

Incidentally they just signed a new sponsor, thankfully.

Haas signs new F1 title sponsorship deal for 2023 (motorsport.com)

jpalmito and ingegnere like this.
  5. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Its sort of a vicious circle... you need to win to get big sponsorship... but you need big money to win or at least do really well. It doesn't help that Mick destroys his car every other race either. That takes a lot of the budget. Replacing vs innovating.

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    They were "taught" a lot of how Ferrari went about F1 as a team and business the year before they entered,
    and were allowed to use a lot of wind tunnel time.

I don't think they share so much afterwards (FIA rules) except the engine and transmission--
    and a break on engine and transmission costs to use drivers Ferrari want a good look at (like Mick).

So, they started off pretty well down the learning curve,
    only to be in the sport when you have to year a lot per year just to stay even.
    They did not understand what they needed to year per year and it shows.

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, Haas share the same wind tunnel with Ferrari. That's what Toto or Horner alluded to, hinting that Ferrari was cheating that way.
    Also, Haas has apparently a design office next to Ferrari, and some Ferrari staff on loan.
    The chassis are built at Dalarra, and some carbon fiber elements made in the US by Steiner's company Fiberworks.
    But altogether Haas lacks money and has run on a budget of around $100M per year, well bellow the cap.
    They haven't been lucky with sponsors so far. But it's a valliant effort, and I appreciate that.

jpalmito likes this.
  8. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Their is not much about Haas that is impressive. Its a superb Netflix platform as Steiner is the biggest draw there lol. Easy sell as the underdog on camera to entertain the masses. They look great on track being passed. I no longer see them as much of anything. Just a small team that 'makes up' the grid for Liberty. The owner can sell later at a nice price.They should get those new sponsor panels Mclaren is testing this weekend and just sell adverts and roll around in the way of the top teams.

9. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    And how many F1 races have you won ?

The paddock's not stupid, if he wasn't worth the money they wouldn't pay

He left Red Bull for the very reason Webber left, the Euro-trash decided they wanted Max to be top dog, Aussies don't play second fiddle to anybody, ... he moved on, made HUGE money and is laughing all the way to the bank, smart move , and he's enjoying the good life , not a good result but not a bad one either

10. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well... like you and most everyone here... you are correct... it was a longshot, but you are correct... I have not won an F1 race, but still feel like I can share my opinion like you certainly do. I don't value a driver about how much money he makes. I value a driver about what he does on the track... and to some degree... what he does off it. Ric is a clown. He seeks attention and validation like the 20 somethings on TikTok doing the latest dance for likes. Yesterday at COTA he was no different.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/daniel-ricciardo-explains-horse-entrance/

11. lambchop

lambchop Karting

Apr 29, 2005

If all the drivers were the same, damn, it'd be boring. By such standards, can you imagine what a "clown" James Hunt would be today? A winning cancelled clown, I'll concede. Or is that it? If he's winning at Red Bull or Ferrari he can be who he is because he's winning? Seems so odd how we don't like it vanilla but as soon as someone interjects some mint chocolate chip the knives come out. Reality, it's a circus. I'll take some clown'n and fun. And, hopefully a win on the way out.

Bas likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #537 william, Oct 21, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    +1

Ricciardo moved to less performing teams in hope to be Number One: that seems to have backfired.

In fact his performance went in the opposite direction of Red Bull. Now, he is on the bench ...

jpalmito, Boomhauer and Edward 96GTS like this.
  13. DF1

Worse fates in this life. I think Daniel is a fun human being, a good F1 driver and an interesting human being overall. There are much worse personalities who have driven in F1. Much is made far too serious about this sport and the drivers, driving in elongated funny circles for.............money.

Bas likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I am only interested by what goes on on the track . Ricciardo has made disastrous career moves and his stock is going down now.

There is a similarity on how his arrival at RB pushed Vettel out of the door, and what Verstappen did to him later on.

At least at Red Bull he was winning from time to time ...

15. DF1

We all make mistakes lol! How dare he!

16. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    he shot himself in the shoey

Giallo 550, Bas, jpalmito and 3 others like this.
  17. DF1

LOL Ok that was funny :) Good one!

18. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Daniel not wanting Haas? I don't believe, its full blown USA and we all know Daniel wants to be an American

19. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Fast is more important than funny. I think he’s about average among his competitors on both. I really don’t see what he has to offer a team at this point.

Boomhauer, jpalmito and william like this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    COTA 2022

Kravitz dismisses the reserve driver role for RedBull.

Mercedes seems more likely.

21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Agree
    He was absolutely nowhere during this race compared with Norris.
    Fact is he was a lot more competitive against Max during the Red Bull years compared with the last two years against Norris.
    Lando is very good that’s a fact but difficult for Ricciardo to argue with a team manager about his own capacity evolution..

william, ingegnere, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It exposes Ricciardo's limitation as a driver. The RBR was very on the nose and Ric could deal with it. The Mclaren of 2021 wasn't, and the 2022 car even worse (likely due to tyres). Norris can manage it much better, despite the car not being to his liking either. A couple of tenths in the midfield of 2022 is enough to make a significant difference in positions, further excagarating the gap...

Ricciardo hasn't lost his talent, but the front limited car just exposes a weakness in him. Some deal with it better than others (Vettel similarly can't deal with it very well either, and he's a 4x champion).

If he couldn't drive well anymore Mclaren wouldn't have offered him a drive in indycar for 2023...

23. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So funny man race driver Daniel Ricciardo ran in last place most of the race I believe. Perhaps he should've spent a little more time preparing for the race rather than spending hours coming up with his stupid comedy show for arriving at the track on horse back. I'm told he was supposed to show up earlier, but he couldn't seem to get the horse up to speed. He explained that he's ridden fast on a horse before, but this horse was just a bit "tricky" and just couldn't really extract the performance he was hoping for. He said he's going to get with trainers and go back to the stable to analyze what went wrong.

jpalmito, 375+ and Jack-the-lad like this.
  24. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    You’re funnier than Danny Ricci.
    :D

25. DF1

Well said. His life is anything but sad or failure. He leaves and we have utter idiocy as in Stroll - Lance. Yeah Ricci is so bad LOL. Some here are beyond blind but do obsess and hate.