Dash cover for sun protection while parked outside | FerrariChat

Dash cover for sun protection while parked outside

Discussion in '206/246' started by HMB-Dino, May 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    My 71 Dino has its original mouse hair dash and although it still looks pretty good, I can see it fading more than I would like (I have no intention, or desire, to replace it with new material). So does anyone have suggestions for a dash sun guard to use while the Dino is parked in the sun to lessen chances of further fading of that mouse hair? Yes, I know I could probably buy any one of those foil reflector things and cut it down to fit the Dino, but I'd rather not buy these by trial and error until I find one to use as a starting point.

2. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
  3. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
  4. Dino246gts

Dino246gts Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2006
    My Dino is not parked outside often ........ usually only for a concours. I also have the original dash material.
    I use a form fit felt dash cover that I bought over 30 years ago. I take it off for judging but have it on the rest of the concours day (unless someone wants to see the dash which I am happy to show). I also use it when driving the car. Works great! I did a quick google search for you and couldn't find anyone making a form fit Dino dash cover. Maybe you would have better luck googling. Or just buy some felt and cut it to fit yourself. Or maybe someone on the board will start making them?

5. 4redude

4redude Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2005
    Fungus Corner
    Full Name:
    Brian Keegan
    See if these guys have a pattern for a 246. https://www.heatshieldstore.com/
    If not, maybe a local San Jose area owner can go by there so they can measure a car.
    Great products!

6. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I purchased some items a few years ago and it came in a large cardboard box, I cut the side panel off one side of it and it was slightly larger than the windscreen. After a little cutting with some scissors it fits perfectly on the inside, held in place by the rear view mirror

I then sprayed it silver and it folds up nicely behind the seat, works great as well and free !