Dash doesn't look so nice | FerrariChat

Dash doesn't look so nice

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by cinders, Jun 25, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cinders

cinders Karting

May 11, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Cindereoony
  2. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Ouch.

The leather has shrinked with the heat.

3. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
  4. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Its going to get worse with sun exposure, I would like to remove and correct my Cali T.
    Its been asked on another thread what is the removal process? Its not in the WSM and appears to be different than the Cali.process.
    Chime in if you know how please.
    Thanks

5. cinders

cinders Karting

May 11, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Cindereoony
    Would the fix the dash under warranty?

When I bought the car the dealer renewed the Ferrari warranty for me. Ferrari found play in the steering rack and replaced it (the dealer had to pay) and also replaced the window switch (again, the dealer had to play) as it was broken.

6. mjk33062

mjk33062 Rookie

Feb 21, 2016
    Had the same issue with my 2015 Cali, car only had 5,000 mies and was 2 years old, had it repaired under warranty and the following year had bubbles appear on the passenger side of the dash which was also replaced under warranty at the 3 year mark. I’ve not seen too many Ferrari’s sitting out in the elements for extended periods of time so I’m not sure a sun screen will be much help.

7. cinders

cinders Karting

May 11, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Cindereoony
    It sounds like the issue is the leather drying out, so maybe treating it once a week will keep it good? Or throw a towel over it if you're parking it outside in the sun for long periods.

8. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I think your best bet would be to take it up with the selling dealer, if it was a Ferrari dealer ... maybe through the sales department since you just got the car. I don't think the New Power warranty is going to cover any sort of cosmetic issue, unfortunately. But maybe they can exert a little leverage on your behalf.

You might also ask the dealer who they use for their leather work and repairs, most will send it out to a local place, and that might save you some money if it's not going through warranty. I always ask if they recommend someplace locally to do touchups or convertible top repairs -- not when the car is in for that work -- and make a note of who they use. Then again, I think in this instance the disassembly is complicated so you may want to stick with the dealer.

I think if you soften/condition the leather well with the two part Leatherique system and apply their cleaner/conditioner regularly it will be fine going forward. It's hard to reach the top of the dash with the conditioner but I read that some people will cut a piece of poster board to size and slip it between the glass and the leather because you don't want to get any conditioner on the glass because it's really hard to clean it off down low.