Dashboard removal and Engine Removal tips. | FerrariChat

Dashboard removal and Engine Removal tips.

Discussion in '612/599' started by virendra, Dec 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    Has anyone got any pics or details on removal of the dash / centre console and Speedo.

Also looking for any advise on pulling out the engine. Front end already removed . What sort of time frame are we talking about to remove the engine.

2. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    No one seems to have any info on this in past threads.

Removed the complete system in around 6 hours with basic tools. Will try to take pics on the fitout and post them when done so the ones doing their vent swaps can benefit. Wasnt that hard and did not need to remove seats or handbrake to do it.

Makuono likes this.
  3. tcw

tcw Karting

Mar 11, 2009
    Anthony James and virendra like this.
  4. virendra

virendra Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    virendra anand
    Many thanks. Wish I had seen this a few days ago. Other than the centre console removal which was tricky ( I ended up taking off the 13mm handbrake bolts and pulling it right up at 90 degrees to slide out the centre console) it was straightforward. Also removed the 4 allen key bolts to frop the steering rack as seen from another post, but it had no benefit in my RHD car. So I put it back and removed the steering assembly instead. The new leather retrimming here is pretty inexpensive at just USD 500. Need to decide on the top vents though. Whether I get them coated with some film wrap or put new ones which will probably last 5 to 7 years in the weather here. I got all the sticky bits coated in a carbon fibre look in silver on my 360 and it still looks new after 9 years in extreme weather.

5. tcw

tcw Karting

Mar 11, 2009
    The surface coating of my vents was ok but the heat had warped the ends so I just replaced them. I can't remember what I paid but is was probably around $150 each from eurospares.uk. In retrospect I wish I had removed the steering wheel. I was unable to remove the center console with the seats in place without the fear of damaging something. I don't know if having a left hand drive is different. Any way the seats come out pretty quickly.