News

Daytona on BaT

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by donv, May 16, 2019.

1. donv

donv F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Beautifully presented (as always) by A-GC... the video alone is worth posting, but the photography is amazing:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-coupe-3/

I've seen this car in person several times, and it blows me away that, as far as anyone knows, it was last painted in the 1970s. It's a lovely, subtle color and a perfect combo with that interior.

I'm not in anyway connected with the car or the seller (other than as a customer), I just thought it would be of interest to the group from a video and image point of view.

365gtfr, kiesan, Hoodude and 4 others like this.
  2. 365gtfr

365gtfr Rookie

Dec 8, 2016
    France
    very nice car and video, thanks for the link !

Hoodude likes this.
  3. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Love everything about the Listing. Photos are excellent and video is awesome. Not a fan of the color, But it is a pretty combo.

4. donv

donv F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think it's funny that in the comments there are some arguments about the color-- "it's rosso this" or slightly the wrong shade to be correct. In the 1970s, no one cared if it was "correct"-- all they cared about was if they thought it looked good!

open roads likes this.
  5. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    And the colors could change annually. I had a 1972 Russo Chiaro Daytona with original paint. And I think that color was that way (a burgundy) that year only.

EDIT

Oh geez!! I should have looked at the link first. I guess Russo Chiaro was like that in '71 too. Because that's it !

I'll weigh in over there to help the guys out there.

6. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Whats the most money a car has ever brought on BAT?

7. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    I remember a Lancia Aurelia America Spider hitting a million on BAT. Not sure if it sold.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  8. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Highest bid they have had is $3.125m for a La Ferrari, They have also had a Gullwing bid to $1.1m and the Aurelia at $1m. The highest sale to date I know of is a Lancia Stratos sold for $475k. However the Gullwing also current listed is currently at $1m and is no reserve.