Dealers health checks | FerrariChat

Dealers health checks

Discussion in '612/599' started by Melox2, Nov 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Melox2

Melox2 Rookie

Apr 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Mark warden
    My 2009 612 went in September this year for cambelts and the normal health check carried out with it just showing advisor on rear track control arms slight play , not used the car much and went in yesterday for its service after doing just 73 miles and the heath check as come back with the same as above but also states a advisory saying - clutch wear = 21 , now my points are why wasn't this picked up last time and i don't have a clue what it means , mind you they also put 2 badly curbed wheels on a heath check last time and knowing id only just had them refurbed before it went in i panicked and went straight out to look at the car only to find it was black rubber dots that just rubbed of from having the tyres fitted , so do you take the heath check they do seriously and this is Main Dealer .
    look forward to any comments

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    If you were given the print-out both times you can check for yourself the clutch reading on both & compare - or maybe its a simple as last year the tech didn't notice it

Anyway they're just saying the clutch may be worn so start saving for a new one - I'll bet you are not going to do it immediately anyway

If it irks you that much take it somewhere else