Debating to get a stradale | FerrariChat

Debating to get a stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by JSolano, Jul 7, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSolano

JSolano Rookie

Jun 29, 2009
    I was originally planning on a F430 but now the CS seems more my type of car :)
    If I get the the CS it will NOT be a garage queens. While I wont drive them every day, I will drive them quite a bit. Wont track the car.
    Given all this, one thing thats disconcerting are the high priced maintenance items such as the rotors/pads which add up to 20K???

If I dont track the car, will these a long time? I also live in an area where the roads are good so potholes aren't a danger.

On the flip side of coin, I realize its not like I would have to replace all 4 rotors at the same time right? If one rotor is damaged I just replace the pair and not all 4?

For any high mileage CS owners what are your experiences and thoughts on this matter

2. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I just sold my CS with over 24k miles. I was still on the original clutch with 22% wear. Rotors were in great shape as were the pads. I believe my pads had about 50% wear but I can't be sure. I only had normal service costs for the car. The car was great and dependable. Just get a PPI and make sure all the numbers make sense for you. Good Luck. :)

3. isareit

isareit Rookie

Jun 7, 2009
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Isa
    I would suggest you get the CS definitely. I have been in the market for a 360 for over a year now and I decided to go with the 430 instead just about a couple of months ago as in my country, the price of the 430 has dropped quite a bit over the past 3-4 years. Then I went and test drove my cousin's CS and WOW! If I knew about the CS earlier, I would have wanted it much earlier although it wasn't in my budget at the time. So finally one CS came along about a month ago with only 1,340 km. Yes, that's extremely low that's it's pretty much brand new. Perhaps the lowest mileage CS in the world maybe. Of course I had to get it! So now, I'm worried about the maintenance costs as well but I'm very glad to hear that even with over 20,000 miles, it did not incur much costs.

I've been using the search function as well but have not gotten much info specifically on the CS. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

4. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    The CS is a much more raw than a 430. It's louder inside, lighter, more nimble and a little twitchier than a 430. I've never had more fun driving a car. You really need to drive both to decide what's for you but for me it was a no brainer. :)

5. Thurminatr

Thurminatr Karting

May 25, 2007
    Dallas,TX
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Don't hesitate on the CS I waited two years after I bought my 360 spider and I took delivery of my CS last week. The CS is just freaking awesome from the looks, the noise and the drive just amazing! Don't walk RUN and get the CS

6. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
    I must say that using the CS as a daily driver is not very effective, its a weekend car which loves to be DRIVEN, whereas the the 430 is much happier doing both COMMUTING and being DRIVEN

7. 360Doctor

360Doctor Formula Junior

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just do it and NEVER look back!!!

My goal is to own a CS someday if i ever have enough money to do so.