Denny | FerrariChat

Denny

Discussion in '206/246' started by Matthias Urban, Jun 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Matthias Urban

Matthias Urban F1 World Champ

Mar 5, 2005
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias Urban
    Dear all,

I sadly and with all my mourning have to inform you, that our well esteemed member, good friend and great connoisseur, Denny Schue, passed away last weekend.

For me, as his successor on his wonderful Dino Register it is still not understandable and I will miss him, our friendly conversations and especially his well-founded support and advise on his beloved Dinos.

The Register will wear black for the next 100 days and I will take care that the memory about Denny Schue will always be present and that his work will be continued and improved in the future.

Matthias Urban

2. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I am so sad to hear about Denny's death. Several months ago he and I talked and traded a few emails about the Register and the reasons why he was passing the Register on to Matthias. This was way before the change became public knowledge. He told me that he was having problems keeping up the Register because his wife had died very unexpectedly in August 2005 (I believe) just around the time that my own father died. He told me that he had lost his focus and direction. I kept quiet out of respect. I feel so sad about what happened and feel very sorry for the family.

Matthias - thank you for continuing the Dino Register.

Mark Nerheim

3. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #3 Marcel Massini, Jun 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have known Denny R. Schue for 24 years and visited him many times in USA. He was a fantastic person, I feel very sad. Here's a photo showing him on the left with me in 2001, in his new house in La Quinta/CA. Below is the first letter I ever obtained from him, no computers at the time. That letter started an exchange of letters, faxes and emails that go into the thousands! Denny was co-owner of Royze Inc. in Torrance/CA, a Bosch parts distributor, and owned a beautiful yellow Dino 246 GT #05114 (later sold to Japan). After his retirement he moved from Rancho Palos Verdes to the desert of La Quinta. He is survived by a daughter and a son.
    Denny: R.I.P., we will miss you!
    Marcel Massini
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. AusDino

AusDino Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2005
    Bris
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #4 AusDino, Jun 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I like many, will be saddened by his passing. We had chatted a few times about our Dino's and stange things life and Enzo (the many oddities of Dino build and manufacture) had inflicted on us. Here is a picture he sent me of his Dino 246 GT # 05114.

Denny - RIP

Peter Yule #5928

5. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    Like many Dino owners, I too had many positive exchanges with Denny over the years. I am very sad about his passing and will remember his family in my prayers.

6. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    God bless you, Denny. A complete gentleman.

7. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Denny was a true gentleman. He seemed so despondent after his wife's recent death; I guess I'm not entirely surprised that he's gone now too. As usual, I sent him a post card from the Monaco GP a few weeks ago, but hadn't heard anything from him since my return- should've known that something was wrong. If anyone is in touch with his son and daughter, please send my condolences.
    Ira Schwartz
    Former Owner, 246 GTS #05828

8. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    For those of you wanting to acknowledge Denny's passing his son, Mark, and daughter, Sarah, have asked that donations be made to the Living Desert Reserve, where Denny served as a volunteer. You can find out about the Living Desert at www.livingdesert.org, and e-mail [email protected] to make a contribution. Thanks.

9. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Denny had had a heart attack many years ago, then slowed down, moved to La Quinta, sold the biz. He was to undergo heart surgery again (bypass) last Thursday 15th June 2006.
    Marcel Massini

10. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Rest in Peace Denny. You will be missed.

Dom

11. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Massive respect.

Denny was very approachable when I was looking for a Dino in the late 80's to early 90's. Helpful to the point of introducing me to other local owners who I could learn from. Such consideration is rare.
    Thank you.

12. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    You can make a donation in Denny's memory via credit card by phoning Shirley Willeford of the Living Desert at (760) 346-5694, ext. 2165. Thanks.

13. 4redno

4redno Formula 3

Mar 21, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Keith Mitchell Wintraub
    Very sad indeed. My condolences to his family.

14. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sad.

I've exchanged may emails with Denny, and he was always the consumate gentleman, forever willing to help and exchange any information he had.

The Dino community has lost a great one. Fortunatley his register will live on in his memory.

Rest in Peace Denny.

Dave M.

15. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    Very sad indeed, at least his work will live on in the capable hands of Matthias

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Rest in peace, Denny.

17. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott

It truly has a black background:
    http://www.dinoregister.com/

Marcel,
    you truly are the penultimate historian, retaining every piece of info from ages past!

18. Mark Schue

Mark Schue Rookie

Jun 27, 2006
    Woodburn, OR
    Full Name:
    Mark Schue
    Thank you all for the kind words about my father!

It brings strength (and tears) during this incredibly overwhelming and difficult time.

I fully intended to personally inform those Ferrari friends I was aware of, but I have not been able to find contact info….I have yet to get into his e-mail. I stumbled into this site in order to try and track some of you down.

The 6/15 surgery was suppose to be a "routine" outpatient surgery to update his pacemaker. The doctors encountered some problems and decided to attempt it another time, another way. He ended up with a collapsed lung but became more stable on 6/16 and things were looking positive the morning of 6/17, but then he had a heart attack at 1PM on 6/17.

I got the love of racing and Ferrari's from my dad and it was the #1 topic whenever we talked. He spoke fondly of you all!

There will be a celebration of his life in Palm Desert on July 29th.

Mark Schue

19. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Denny and I never met, but in my many years dealing in Ferrari it was a pleasure to help with updating his database. Nothing was ever too much trouble for him.
    A good guy has passed.

Andrew Turner
    246GT # 4422

20. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I have never heard of Denny becourse i have very little to do with Dinos, but from what i have read here he was indeed a kind and knowledgeable man who will be missed. R.I.P Denny. Chaz

21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Mark
    You have a PM.
    Contact me at [email protected]

22. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Thanks so much, Mark. Your dad was a great guy- we spoke and corresponded over about 20 years, and met a few times. I had the pleasure of meeting your mom too at the first USGP at Indy a few years ago. Denny spoke of you often, and his pride was evident. Take good care, and please send Sarah my condolences.

Ira Schwartz

23. champtc

champtc Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    Denny was a real gentleman...was very helpful when I was looking for a Dino....I am sorry for your loss

24. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Mark, my condolences on your loss. It's a small world.

-Peter Krause