Denver Ferrari and car clubs? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Denver Ferrari and car clubs?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by ryant858, Apr 23, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTFan

GTFan Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 10, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It is on the first Saturday of every month at the Cornerstone Church at the intersection of Lone Tree Parkway and Lincoln.

James in Denver likes this.
  2. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    First Saturday of the month at cornerstone church.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It's right off Lincoln and Lone Tree- SW corner - west of I25 and Lincoln- There is a large church parking lot there- First Saturday of every month- Would be great to see a Mondial there :cool::cool:

4. James in Denver

James in Denver Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    FREAKING SERIOUSLY! Less than 2 miles from me and I never knew! I'll be at the next one :)

5. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Also - You are most likely aware but Automezzi is this Sunday - Amazing event always and it is back to an earlier location which IMHO is better - Not too late to register your car or if you just want to attend/show up - Happy to find/send the link if you don't have it <that goes for anyone in the area> - Cheers :)

6. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah I was not aware of it until a non-car-enthusiast friend casually mentioned it in April - I have been each month and it is a great event - everything from hand-made hot rods to exotics to muscle cars to badass 4x4s - The couple that organizes it are in PCA so always a good Porsche turnout but Ferrari, Lambo, Mclaren are all usually well-represented - and the guy there with the coffee is super-cool and amazing coffee!

You will enjoy it - See you there in August - and as mentioned Automezzi is this Sunday so if you are free it is a great event - Cheers :)

7. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    See you there! I will admit I do not plan to sit next to my car but hopefully we can meet.

8. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I saw your car but never saw you by it- I wasn't by mine much either- Too much to see- Amazing turnout and some amazing cars! My gosh!!

We will meet up at some point :cool:

9. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    I assume the Lone Tree C&C is on this weekend? If so, I'll be there (assuming it's not raining, my Mondi is a convertible and I have a hole in the top that needs to be repaired... :mad: :mad: :mad: )

10. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Nope! It’s the first Saturday of the month so august 6th. You can rest easy!

chas-3 likes this.
  11. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Ok, so I went to the Cars & Coffee this weekend, it was really cool. I guess it was different this weekend because of the hot rodders. I didn't take pictures.

There was a "hot rodders" club that asked to use this venue as a fundraising effort, so there was a LOT of American cars.

Here are some of the highlights from my perspective...

2 or 3 early 60s Vettes, one with a hard top and one without.
    A few C3s and C4s Vettes
    3 or 4 C8s (at least 1 hard top and at least 1 convertible)
    Several older "hot rod" cars and trucks (1930s thru 1960s)

PCA was there:
    Porsche 914-6 (original)
    Several early and mid air cooled 911s (including a 912 with a 996/997 engine)
    Later 911's that were modded

Then there were a few exotics, a few MacLaren's, a couple of Lambos, I saw an Aston Marin (new/dealer car) and a Maserati (new-ish)

Limited Ferrari's, what I saw was 1 Roma (new/newish) and 1 430 and my Mondial 3.2. There might have been a 360, not sure, but not to many FCars.

James

12. GTFan

GTFan Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 10, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hi James - I was there with my Roma (it’s a 2021.) I saw your Mondial and came back a couple times to see if I could meet you but you were probably walking around. There were a LOT more Porsches and Vettes compared to the month prior. I did like the 912 and talked to the owner for a while. I also liked the yellow Aston - it was a pretty cool color combo.

13. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Hey! Yes, I saw your Roma as mentioned, I ended up talking with a guy that was looking at your Roma, figured you (the owner) were around, but I never saw you nor the owner of the 430. Next time, I'll be sure to hop over to say hi!

As a side note for those of you originally from Denver or have been here a while, Bill Stewart was actually there. Don't know if he shows up regularly or not, but he had the Rolls that was parked up front. Bill owned Ferrari of Denver, not sure when. I don't know if he's the one that sold out to Algar or if that was a later owner. I didn't get to talk to him much, but I mentioned that "my car has his name on it" LOL. My Mondial has a license plate holder that says "Stewart's Ferrari of Denver" :)

Anyway, will hopefully see more FCars and talk to more people next time, assuming it's not raining (or snowing LOL).

James

Stams likes this.
  14. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
  15. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Congrats!

16. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Thanks! I posted the picture in the Mondial forum, but I'll repost it below.

I was actually EXTREMELY surprised that my car "won". I believe it was strategic by the hot rodders club to show that they don't mind other cars besides "hot rods" being in the club. That said, there was a LOT of nice stuff there, and I would NOT have thought an 88 3.2 would win compared to some of the other cars.

No "money" for the win, only recognition, so that probably played into the judging as well.

A few of the guys with hot rods were cleaning their cars when I got there like it was a real competition... wiping the wheels, cleaning the tires, dusting off the different chrome parts etc. Hence, why I was surprised.

Anyway, I'll try to make the next one, that should be only a Cars&Coffee which will hopefully allow me to talk to a few other people. :)

Here's my "award winning" Mondial... followed by Bill Stewarts Rolls Royce...

[​IMG]

Image Unavailable, Please Login

miketuason, corey1 and Stams like this.
  17. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    I did NOT go to C&C this past weekend due to it being Labor Day weekend, spent time with the family. I'll try to be at the last one of the year in Oct.

18. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Weather should be good for this Saturday at Lone Tree. I will be in a black Stelvio Pass T shirt if anyone wants to say hello!

19. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Where is the cars and coffee in lone tree?

20. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Cornerstone church!

sherpa23 likes this.
  21. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If the usual guy is there it is the best coffee anywhere- Period- I buy a bag of Brazil or Sumatra every time-

sherpa23 likes this.
  22. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Will hopefully see you there!

23. James in Denver

May 23, 2006
    Centennial Colorado
    Full Name:
    James in Denver
    Missed the C&C this weekend, that makes me 1 of 3 events.... :(

Maybe more next year! :)

24. Stams

Stams Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 30, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sean
    It was only about half full but still a good time. A little too cold and still a bit wet - I think that changed some minds.

See you in the spring!

25. Lwignall

Lwignall Rookie

Sep 3, 2022
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Luke Wignall
    Would be great to kick this thread off again for 2023, see if more driving events can be organized.

corey1 likes this.