Diablo buyers guide | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Diablo buyers guide

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by licodix, Jan 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Having driven a Diablo VT Roadster for 10 years and 72k miles.....I concur!

.....and it was very reliable! I did all the maintenance myself.

My Murcielago Roadster....not so much. Everything little thing, it has to go to the Lamborghini dealership to be plugged into their Lamborghini computer. I really hate not being able to work on it.

That said, the fit, finish and attention to detail is exquisite....and I never was a Murcielago fan.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shark01 likes this.
  2. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Its sad though when you don't have to wear a toupee.....but your car does :)

3. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Oh, I know. The top is so stupid but when it's off, the car is incredible to look at and drive.

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia

converted mine to 2wd few years ago
    some works on heads and timing, ANSA sport ss exhaust and cat by pass...the car is a joy to drive and to hear top down :)

Shark01 likes this.
  5. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I bet it is..... Mine has a secondary cat bypass and Quicksilver muffler-less exhaust....can"t sneak out on the wife.

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Agreed the 91-93 are undervalued.

A few odd-ball 2wd 95 and 96 cars were also imported, into the USA. I 'believe' these have power steering. A yellow Canadian 1997 Diablo SV, is also in the U.S. Really kewl and lightweight.

7. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    I might get crtitisism with this opinion, but I see coupe versions over Roadsters because original desing roofline, one of the best lines in that time, it is even in owners manual cover, is ruind with Roadster and car come out with that "pickup" look. I know open top is great, people love them, but if you think this car, coupe looks better.
    If people will see in future that Roadster is the thing to have; those few Roadsters that are without spoiler (name says it all) look much better in my opinion.

8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I don't see where anyone will criticize your opinion, some people don't like open roof cars and some don't live in locations that favor them. All Diablos look fantastic IMO, I just point out that the Roadsters are extremely rare (16% of the production run) and offer a full sense driving experience you just can't equal in a coupe. History definitely favors an open roof car over time value-wise if the open roof car is produced in fewer numbers. And I love the wing look, it isn't obnoxious looking like a GT3 or a Viper ACR......or dare I say Countach.

Boomhauer and Shamile like this.
  9. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    roadster is a weird car, it is not better or worst imo:
    from some angles looks the less nice (all diablos look good)
    from some angles looks the best (all diablos look good)

on some angles i agree it looks like a pick-up (probably the most beautiful pick up ever :) )

i have both, so totally unbiased opinion

i also agree roadster looks better wingless. i have bought a wing and never installed...looks out of place in a roadster to me

an other strange thing about the roadster: i followed my darck roadster at night driving the coupe and a darck or black wingless roadster rear, in the night, is awesome ...looked very different from all other diablos, it looked not a diablo really

10. S_AGATA

S_AGATA Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2016
    Mill Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Jon/Sean Sohaei
    Lemacc likes this.
  11. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Lemacc likes this.
  12. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Just saw this old thread wow look at what the diablos are doing in the market now a days