Did y'all survive the hot blast? | FerrariChat

Did y'all survive the hot blast?

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Gatorrari, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As a former Seattle resident who never had air conditioning (and during my 3 years there never really needed it), I sincerely hope that all of you who live in the I-5 corridor made it thru 3 days of Hell without serious issues. I know it is still hotter than normal but I think that after those 3 days, you'll take it.

(Ironically, I was attending an unlimited hydroplane race in Alabama this weekend under perfectly normal Southeast weather. I'll bet that all the Washingtonians who were there with the teams were glad to be there and not back home!)

And I know that goes for the inside passage of Alaska as well. I have relatives in Ketchikan who also had to put up with record temperatures in the upper '80s, which for them was relatively equally hot.

I hope that the rest of your summer is close to normal, which I know from experience means delightful.

docster likes this.
  2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Honestly, I'd rather have it be 108 with the low humidity that we have than 90 degrees and 95% humidity. Not that I really like either one.

greg328 likes this.
  3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    We made it to 99º in the San Juans.......couldn't quite reach the magic 100º. :cool: But that is the warmest I've experienced in the islands.
    No biggie for me; living in the central valley in Cali, 115º - 125º in the vineyards and cotton fields was normal in the summer.
    100º at midnight was not unusual.

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Was 110 at my house at about 7:00pm yesterday. My house doesn't have AC but I have a small portable unit in my bedroom. I camped out in there with my dogs. When I went to bed about 2:00am it was 61 outside. It felt great. Back up to about 90 today but it doesn't feel bad compared to yesterday!!

5. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    f355spider likes this.
  6. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
  7. Nicolas21

Nicolas21 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2016
    Near a nuclear powerplant
    Full Name:
    Nicolas
  8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I survived but my home air conditioning gave it's all and dumped it's refrigerant out on the day after the real heat ended. Like a valiant hero, though, it got us just over the line into safe territory!

tritone, Raconteur and Jdubbya like this.
  9. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I lived there during the summer of 2009 when it hit 109deg in Redmond. Actually saw 113deg on my in car display which I have never seen since. It was like that for about a week. And to think that just 6mths earlier in Dec I was standing in 2ft of snow in my driveway. I certainly feel for those without AC and have to go to Fred Myers to cool off.