Diecast | FerrariChat

Diecast

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Prugna 328, Nov 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Any good places to look for 1/18 diecast on LI. Please dont bother listing that gift store on Hempstead Tpke in the Levittown area. One time when I spoke to the owner he was down right NASTY. Will never go in there again. Thanks.

2. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Have you ever been to EWA? It's not on L.I. but it is not far and is certainly worth the visit. Just take the Verrazano to the Outerbridge Crossing and take Rt. 287 North until you get to the exit for Rt. 22 East. It's about 15 minutes down the road on the right side. I usually make the pilgrimage once or twice a year. Just make sure you bring some oxygen because you might get dizzy when you see what they have. It's an awesome place! www.ewacars.com :)

3. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Ferrari has them for sale on their web site at www.ferraristore.com. Those ones however cost a lot more than the Hot Wheels ones.

4. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    If you want to see a decent selection, try Willis Hobbies in Mineola (Willis Ave., one block north of Jericho Tpk.) I've spent a lot of bucks over the years in their store!! Lately, however, I haven't been happy with the F-car selection. I suppose they can order anything you want, but I like to "find" cars I want on the shelves, not order them (I'd just as well order from an internet based site). Prices tend to be on the high side, but these days, model prices have ballooned anyway.

At the very least, take a walk through the store, it's worth it, all by itself!

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, Prugna, if you ever want some company when you go, just let me know, i'd love to tag along... i hit quite a few places here on the Island, but they're all the typical, run of the mill toy stores... Every now and again, i get lucky... i think persistence is the key... :)

Apparently, there's a place out or near Manhasset that's two floors and chock full o' models... i've never been there, though... i'm always up for model shopping - even just model browsing...! :)

6. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    djs thanks, I know about Willis, I'm only about a mile from the store. Some nice items, but I think they are kind of expensive. DES sounds good. One day I would like to hit that place in NJ, and maybe Exotic Mod. car in NYC. Also please try to find out about that place in Manhasset. setting up my garage, just expanded to 3 cars and want to put my mods. in it. You have any days off during the week?

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Prugna, i'll look into the place in Manhasset; find out where it is, what it's about, etc. and get back to you...

No, unfortunately, i don't have any days off during the week; can i surmise from that question that weekends are not good for you...? i usually leave work at 6 and hit different places for the few hours that the stores are open after that... i don't see why i couldn't take a half day from work one day... Leave at, let's say 2 or 3... i don't know what your schedule is, though, so we would have to discuss that, too...

i remember going into Exoticar months ago and spending 90% of my grocery money on toys... It was SO worth it. :)

8. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Weekends are a little bit of a problem. I'm retired, so during the week I'm wide open other than getting the kids off to school at 900 and picking them up at 300. So when it comes to weekends the wife has the never ending list of projects. I'm sure we could fig. something out. I'm a little bit of a 1/18 freak. Got alot. Not sure where to put them anymore.

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i'm a bit of a freak, as well (with models, too...:))
    Although, i get the impression that you have a LOT more than i do... Whenever we get together, you should stop by my place and check out what i've got... It's my own personal museum... :)

i'm sure we can figure something out... Let me know when you want to go... i still need to get the scoop on this place in Manhasset... Anyone else know what i'm talking about...?

10. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Anybody? Please let us know. I'm not far from manhasset.

11. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Hey Gregory,
    I work in Elizabeth, NJ, just 17 miles from that EW place. If you ever want to go out there during the week, I could try to take some time in the middle of the day and meet there.
    Sam
    PS: I live in Great Neck and don't know of any place in Manhasset.

12. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Sounds good. Maybe DES and I can meet you one day.

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i see a group FerrariChat outing forming... :)

14. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    OK. Let me know when.

15. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    DES like I said during the week I have alot of time. Let me know whats good. FERRARI ROAD TRIP!!!!!

16. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    I get mine from Sams Club for $9.96.

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Lotusboy, which models have you picked up from Sam's club...? Feel free to post pictures in the Collectors' Forum; we'd all like to see...

Prugna, if we're cutting out in the middle of the day, Tuesdays or Thursdays are best... i'll leave it at that... You and SJMST can work out which day or time or whatever - i'm flexible like that... :)

18. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    348,550,2 F50'S,355 AND LOTS OF OTHER NICE CARS. I am getting the new lamos, pors. and opel speedster for xmas.