disc size 550 | FerrariChat

disc size 550

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by jstar, Oct 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jstar

jstar Karting

Aug 8, 2014
    up north
    Full Name:
    jstar
    It hit me there other day that m5 (gated naturally) has significantly bigger discs than the 550. I know the m weighs more and has more hp, but still seems odd.. I have never experienced serious fade but then I drive it more like a gt... Has anyone ever felt the need to beef up things in this department? Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    No, but then I drive mine like an old woman (me, not the car)!

3. marce

marce Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2014
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Marcel
    Hi J,
    When i bought my car a few years ago, the previous owner had upgraded the brakes on the 550.
    It has a 6 pot rotora system, can't give you any comparision as i have never even seen another 550 in the flesh, let alone felt the difference in the brakes.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
  5. dell550

dell550 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2005
    London
    Full Name:
    george c
    Up graded mine a while ago to carbon set up and it's one of the best things I have done to the old girl- no more running out of brakes half way down the Stelvio or putting up with a soft pedal after braking hard from very high speeds - in general use they feel same as standard brakes . Image Unavailable, Please Login