Disconnecting the battery | FerrariChat

Disconnecting the battery

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by syata, May 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I store my 1988 Mondial CAB at a storage place that does not have power in the units.

I have been disconnecting the battery terminal when I put the car in storage to not drain the battery as fast. I noticed the knob in the front compartment to disconnect the battery. Should I use the disconnect knob or keep disconnecting the terminal? Any pros and cons using either method?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Unless there is something wrong with the knob, I would use it. To me, that is why Ferrari put it in there. It is a lot easier to use the knob.

Regards,
    Jerry

alexion likes this.
  3. AUDIO RESEARCH

AUDIO RESEARCH Formula Junior

Feb 11, 2009
    PHILIPPINES
    Full Name:
    LUIGI RAYMUND LIRA

4. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  5. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    The previous owner of my 3.2 by-passed the kill switch. Make sure they didnt do the same on yours before assuming it is functional.

6. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    If it works it should be fine. I used it all the time and the people around me too and it never gives issues. What you do need to do is clean it with contact spray and a new strap to have a better ground connection. That's usually the issue. unless it is really broken :)

If you store it for more then 2/3 months take the battery out and take it inside to put a dripple charger on it. This keeps the battery in better shape then if you will leave it.