Dodge Viper GTS | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Dodge Viper GTS

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by 355dreamer, May 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    Stunning. I LOVE the looks of the viper gts. Unfortunately, at 6'6' the only way i will be able to drive one is if i cut off my head!

2. early93viper

early93viper Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2006
    Olathe, KS
    Full Name:
    Dan
    With a seat lowering kit you will be able to drive one and keep your head. :)

3. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    That is seriously tempting.

4. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I currently own a 97 GTS blue/white with only 4500miles on it that I have owned since day one. I have owned 3 Vipers new and this is my keeper! Only mods were new headers, exhaust and ECU. No Cats and Hp and torque at rear wheels 500/500.

Docf

5. AHudson

AHudson F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Adams Hudson
    Wow, exact twin to my car in color, Connolly option, no stripe. Truly great cars. Price sounds very reasonable.

6. rext

rext Karting

Jul 20, 2008
    Lexington,Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Rex
    #56 rext, May 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had a '99 RT/10 and loved it.It was soo much fun from day one.Only gripes I had with it were the brakes sucked.I could have put better brakes all the way around it but they were a good chunk of money you wont get back.I had a hard top and you either had it or you didnt.Could have had a soft top for it and store in the trunk,but never got around to it.AC had issues as do all of them.Really hot in the summer.Seats werent the best.Car ran great and was very strong.The 99 was the last year for the hot cam and sounded awesome.I put an exhaust on it and it made it sound even better.Sorta like a sportbike if you could imagine that.
    I cured all of these with a 2006 SRT convertible.Way better brakes,real convertible top,more power,better AC,better seats.I am thrilled with it.Both cars are lookers and people love them.The 2008 and up arent easily upgraded for serious power like the gen 4 are.I still love the older cars and yes they are a true classic.I like the older body more and with the new 2013,kinda brings it back.Plus Vipers are exclusive unlike a Corvette.Just my take on them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login