Does Seb need a mental health check? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Does Seb need a mental health check?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Tifosi Ferrari, Sep 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Does he a mental check up?

1. Yes

54.2%
  2. No

45.8%
  1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LOL :)

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  2. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Vettel denies cracking under pressure in 2018

OCTOBER 16, 2018

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sebastian Vettel has denied that the pressure got to him in his 2018 title battle.

Once ahead of Lewis Hamilton in points and with the fastest car in the field, Vettel and Ferrari's campaign utterly fell apart in the last month and the championship win now seems impossible.

Speaking to Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, the German denied that pressure applied by Mercedes' Hamilton got to him.

"If we see each other, it's briefly at a press conference or the briefing or with a little luck on the podium. There is no direct contact," he said.

So Vettel said psychological games, as were possible in the past, no longer happen.

"Things like 'You have no balls' or 'You were crap today' are no longer possible because every word is put on a golden scale," he said.

For instance, in 2012 he called Narain Karthikeyan a "cucumber" and Vettel recalls the "great outrage" that ensued.

"It was just a statement," Vettel insisted, "and it's unfortunate that it's no longer possible."

Any pressure, he says, is put on by himself and the team.

"Pressure is not necessarily fun," he admitted, "but it doesn't always exist where people often suspect from the outside.

"Honestly, you drive for yourself and for those who help you to compete at this level.

"One guiding principle helps me," Vettel explained. "It's that no one is ever as good or as bad as it is said. And I always like to reflect on what brought me to racing: my enthusiasm and joy."

3. DF1

The above article cannot at all be serious. His actions are a direct indication of the pressure he is feeling. The impatience alone certainly reflects his intent. Try admitting you feel pressure is the first way to deal with it. He does so indirectly attempting to avoid showing more weakness. Its really hard to take him seriously. He has a very damaged reputation now and Red Bull was a long time ago.

4. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    He doesn't say he doesn't feel pressure; he says it's from within not from outside.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    The 2018 season will go down in history as the prime example of a driver who totally cracked under pressure.

Seb is done.

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  6. DF1

I am not certain he is 'done' but he has some assessment to make about himself and his driving. No question.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm not sure either, but:

I always thought his last RB year was just an anomaly because of lack of motivation. But now that we know what he did afterwards at Ferrari connecting the dots shows a downward sloping trend.

Maybe he'll recuperate from it but I doubt it. His F1 time might be over but he doesn't know it yet.

greg328, william and ATBNM3 like this.
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Vettel nuts again: Refuses to switch off the engine at the quali weigh in in Brazil and thus destroying the scales of the FIA.

<just shaking my head>

william likes this.
  9. DF1

Who knows what will happen with this latest incident. The clear truth remains most if not all his 'incident's' were preventable this year.

HIs problems are only beginning with Kimi leaving and Charles arriving. I have zero sympathy based on his last season and this one. He needs help lol

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Likely.

The guy has some real anger management issues: Mexico last year cursing Whiting. Baku last year driving into Hamilton. Now this nonsense. You'd think after 4 titles he'd be above that kind of behavior.

william and ingegnere like this.
  11. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    No doubt Vettel is wrong. However put into context I feel many other drivers would react the same way Vettel did today based off the timing of their request for him at the scales.

12. DF1

They are all under pressure in qualy. This procedure is normal and not negotiable nor is it new. No drivers of late have pushed the cone over moving towards an official, kept the engine running and waving their hands. Vettel is not special. He needs his head and motives examined. Today was a joke and his season is as well mostly due to his impatience. I will be quite happy to see him leave.

william likes this.
  13. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    You will be waiting a while; doubt he is going anywhere anytime soon unless he retires.

daytona355 likes this.
  14. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    The good thing about sebastian is that his fans can take it when he is criticised, they recognise the mistakes, and so does HE, importantly. He has had to try to make up a deficit in the car almost weekly and the pressure is working against him. At least his fans don’t bombard us with ******** every time something goes wrong trying to blame everyone and everything else, I find that detestable

sammysaber and fil like this.
  15. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    I couldn't agree more. With him as #1 I very much doubt Ferrari will ever win a championship.

william likes this.
  16. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    Wrong x3 - fake news.

Best,
    Sammy

17. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    sammysaber likes this.
  18. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Wrong X how many times this year. Vettel throws away victories. A petulant loser who will never, ever win a championship for Ferrari.

william likes this.
  19. sammysaber

Dec 21, 2011
    daytona355 likes this.
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yes , eventually.not at the correct time though.

william and sammysaber like this.
  21. sammysaber

Dec 21, 2011
    Sorry mate I meant the posts you quoted were totally inaccurate.

Best,
    Sammy.

daytona355 likes this.
  22. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    After Seb's performance in Brazil it looks like he needs to retire

william and tifosi12 like this.
  23. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    What if he does decide to pull the plug? Who do you get to replace him? Massa? Rosberg? Keep Kimi?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  24. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yes, epic fail....maybe one should wait for the facts before posting a rant in two different threads ;)

daytona355 and Smyrna355Spider like this.
  25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Keep Kimi but tell him he is only provisional, to keep him motivated. :)