DP Porsche thread | FerrariChat

DP Porsche thread

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by slm, Oct 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    #1 slm, Oct 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    bigodino, gt4me, PineChris and 2 others like this.
  2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

very swanky car! i love the period correct pirelli p-7's!!!

3. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Mean looking car for sure! I love solid black cars, she looks great!

4. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    Car looks beautiful,thanks for sharing it with us Steve.

5. Italian Lover

Italian Lover Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2006
    Full Name:
    Italian Lover
    #5 Italian Lover, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
    Thanx for sharing your DP. Looks great. This one's not the same and I may be out of line, but I wanted to share some pics of mine. The only similarity is the flat nose area. This is a 964 model, 1994 Porsche Turbo S Flatnose Exclusive model. Only 10 were made for Japan market (few dozens for US market w/ different options/designs). w/ smiles Jimmy PS. Sorry guys, seems like there's problems uploading my pics, maybe sizes' are too large.

Manda racing likes this.
  6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Thanks everyone. Pics don't do this car justice. It is really wide. Wider rear tires than on my previous Diablo (335s on the rear). Very aggressive look. Hard to believe it is over 20 years old.

7. fat cab

fat cab Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    ST.LOUIS,MO
    Full Name:
    tim c
    Sure you want to sell it?Just saw you put it up for sale in FerrariAds, you have a PM..

8. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Sweet car Steve !!!

Black on red is may favorite color combo.

9. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    It has been a great car. Unfortunately, I have too many cars and too little space to keep them all. I would rather see this car go to someone who will enjoy it, rather than just sitting in my friends garage the vast majority of the time.

10. Maseroche

Maseroche Karting

Aug 10, 2004
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Khalid
    I rode in my first DP way back in 1983 and I still remember that ride! It was a white turbo coupe with white leather and, at the time, it was the fastest accelerating car that I experienced!

Beautiful Cab!

11. kcassady

kcassady Rookie

Dec 15, 2006
    Dallas / O.C.
    Full Name:
    Koyne Cassady
  12. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    what cars have out-accelerated it since in your experience? lucky you!

13. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M

There is a lot of good information on that site.

14. kcassady

kcassady Rookie

Dec 15, 2006
    Dallas / O.C.
    Full Name:
    Koyne Cassady
    I see your car is in there...
    DP 935's are still one of my favorite porsche's

15. Maseroche

Maseroche Karting

Aug 10, 2004
    Bahrain
    Full Name:
    Khalid
    In this day and age, just about most super cars would.

Can't forget the ride in a McLaren F1! That thing will bend time and space..

16. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Image Unavailable, Please Login The discussion in the for sale section got me looking into out old DP threads. Thought we could revive this one and discuss these great cars. I had the great fortune of finding a birth picture of my car at DP.

anunakki likes this.
  17. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    anunakki likes this.
  18. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    From the website 1000.sel:

Conversions that can actually rely on experience in motor-racing. DP Motorsport's 911 Porsche racers for the street appeared very similar to the Kremer Porsche 935 racing cars for which DP designed and produced the bodywork. DP Motorsport offered two different bodymodifications for the Porsche 911 in their regular program: the DP 935 I and DP 935 II.

The latter, the Version II, was the widest and had the most racy looks. These racy looks were more than looks alone. Ekke Zimmermann's DP Motorsport was in many ways different from other Porsche tuners like Gemballa and Rinspeed. The latter two modified cars merely to create extreme looks and a high boulevard-profile, whereas the DP 935 Porsches were racecars made for the street. The racing looks were matched by the car's performance (or the other way around): the Porsche DP 935 II were usually fitted with modified engines of 400 Horsepower or more and with the modified suspension and weight reduction the car was very racetrack worthy. Reducing the weight was accomplished by the modified looks: replacing most of the Porsche's bodypanels with DP's glassfibre ones (in the latter part of the 1980s carbon fibre was also an option) the overall weight of the DP Motorsport 935 was 550kg (!) less than a stock Porsche 911 Turbo (930). Only the roof and the doors were left untouched.

The typical slanted nose, which originated from the racing Porsches and which was a very popular tuning-option in the 1980s was also present on the DP 935 II, although different types can be distinguished. DP Motorsport offered the slant nose as a version with pop-up headlamps and one without. The version without the pup-up headlamps was to go incombination with the big front-bumper which included headlights as well, although several cars have both the pop-up headlights and the front bumper with headlights fitted. The official US-version of the DP935 II Street lacked the front bumper with the big racy headlights and only had a small bumper modification with foglights installed, retaining the original Porsche bumper. This was done because of stricter US safetyregulations which didn't allow the all new DP Motorsport bumper to be installed, at least not without the pop-up headlights.

As with most of the 1980s high-end tuners, the DP Motorsport prices were steep: just the bodykit plus suspension upgraded used to cost 60.000 DM (1984). Upgrading the stock 3.2 litre Porsche engine from 300BHP to 360BHP was priced at 14.000 DM (1984) and the modification up to 400BHP incuding the increased displacement to 3.3 litres at no less than 20.500 DM (1984).

19. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
  20. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2007
    Milano - Italia
    Full Name:
    Cardinal
  21. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    Boomhauer likes this.
  22. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    That should look real nice.

23. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010
    gt4me, Mang, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  24. gumbajv

gumbajv Karting

Dec 2, 2010

Attached Files:

25. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I would love to pick up a DP!