Drivel thread - was LSD trip | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Drivel thread - was LSD trip

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, Aug 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #26 tifosi12, Aug 23, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Andreas,that looks great! Some New spots added! I have attended the 1st. and 2nd. "Trip on LSD" Drives....(Man....I get Flashbacks just SAYING that!...:) ) Hang on a second....I'll be right back........

..........O.K.,I splashed some Cold Water on my face....I'm O.K. ...Now where were we......Oh yeah....

And they were really fun.

Anyway,Yes!,if there are any of the guys in the FCA,or,any "Lurkers" on FChat that would like to join up with us,that would be Fantastic! The MORE the MERRIER!!!!

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    BTW....Just KIDDING!!!!!!.....:)

4. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Andreas,
    You had to be down in a man hole to take that Sears Tower shot.
    Dave

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Laying behind the car did the trick. But that was only my regular wide angle on the SLR. For the drive I'll bring a big wide angle and a fish eye. We'll get this shot done, no problemo.

6. quattro

quattro Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Daniel Kelly
    Well from the looks of it it wont just be ferraris...so are all members on here welcome? I drive a a4 2.8 quattro for the time. I'm from the south side suburbs but work in the city. I am a broker at the CBOT currently but not on the floor, we handle everything over the screens. it may be a little off topic but there are obviously alot of people between CBOT, CME, and CBOE that have a large income so i would assume a couple others are traders/brokers etc..?

Oh.. and so I do not give the wrong impression I myself am poor, well almost. Just started the this aspect of the business a couple months ago and its going a little slower than planned.

By the way my names Dan Kelly nice to meet everyone.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas

Welcome aboard Dan!

AFAIK from the group here nobody is really a trader. But they do exist on FChat. Gilles27 works at the Merc and Noel is a trader too I believe. I have been working at CBOT for many years, but on the IT side.

And yes, this is not some exclusive Ferrari only brotherhood. Although that's the goal, we are happy to have non Ferraris in our midst. As a matter of fact I'll probably leave my Ferrari at home for this event and bring out my '76 Vette.
    :)

308 Dan
    308 Frank
    308 Dave
    355 Carla
    V8 Rick
    V8 Andreas
    Gallardo Richard
    H2 Rocketboy
    Quattro Dan

8. quattro

quattro Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Daniel Kelly
    its nice to see everyone is so open. As i had stated im a little short for money at this time but after i get the next car in 2 or 3 months, which will be a b5 audi s4 biturbo i have always absoutely loved the 355gts and the 308. And since you can pick up decent 308's in the 30k range I am hoping to be able to purchase one sometime next year.

9. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I am looking forward to it... I will attempt to navigate my way from the Drake (ps that is where I ended up staying...)

My cell number is 312.371.5039 (Chicago number - I used to live about 1 block from Wrigley about 3 years ago - never changed my cell). If you do not see me by 10am - assume I am lost and call me to guide me in... (yeah - I know I lived there - but let's just say I am navigationally challenged :) :) :)

I will see you guys next Saturday at 10am!

Rich Wallace

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Saturday, at 10am at Burnham Harbor.

308 Dan
    308 Frank
    308 Dave
    Mondial Fred
    355 Carla
    360CS Mike E.
    V8 Rick
    V8 Andreas
    Gallardo Richard
    H2 Rocketboy
    Quattro Dan

We got some reinforcements from FCA, awesome! Hopefully hurricane Katrina's leftovers won't get into our way.

11. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Weather for next Saturday forcasted to be 77 degrees and sunny... Looks to be perfect.

12. SoIllFerrari

SoIllFerrari Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2005
    IL
    Full Name:
    CD
    I realize that i am a bit new here and not a subscribed member...but if you guys wouldnt mind a porshce 996 coming along, my dad and i would love to come see all your cool cars.
    Sid

13. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Looks like it will be a nice day, Sorry guys, i will miss this cruise... I will be in Phoenix all Labor day weekend..... Wish i could make it, next time.....

Tod

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to FChat and welcome to our drive!

308 Dan
    308 Frank
    308 Dave
    Mondial Fred
    355 Carla
    360CS Mike E.
    V8 Rick
    V8 Andreas
    Gallardo Richard
    H2 Rocketboy
    Quattro Dan
    996 Sid

15. sklitz11

sklitz11 Formula Junior

Sep 4, 2004
    D.P. Illinois
    Full Name:
    Vince C.
    That is a nice list..A Lambo, 996, quattro and an H2.
    Dave please bring the 575 and I will be your co-pilot!

I'm still working on going to this with or without my 355.
    Maybe I just bring Civic and add some flavor from the far east..Ha...

Thanks!

Vince

16. quattro

quattro Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Daniel Kelly
    actually i may have to be someones copilot got hit by a cabby today while going to lunch lol oh well looks like im driving the passat...Damnit

17. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    I should be able to make this one in the Biturbo.

Chuck

18. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Andreas, I've done it for over 20 years, since I retired from the 'Real World' in 81'!

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Current lineup:

308 Dan
    308 Frank
    308 Dave
    Mondial Fred
    355 Carla
    360CS Mike E.
    V8 Rick
    V8 Andreas
    Biturbo Chuck
    Gallardo Richard
    H2 Rocketboy
    Quattro Dan
    996 Sid

20. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    If you need a ride that will be no problem. I need to hear of good honeymoon ideas anyway and always enjoy your company. I will have to see if the wife wants to go as she takes priority in all events, but if she is sleeping in at home, I guess you'll be the other pilot as I most definitely will need to take a nap during the drive...

Im almost certain I am going to unload the H2. A Durango and Minivan barely fit in the garage as is. Despite being a three car, the remaining space is already a warehouse of unpacked moving boxes, painting supplies, rifle parts, work out equipment and I really don't feel like leaving a car outside during the Chicago winters for three years in a row.

This group of FOC guys are very warm and inviting. I think its very much worth the effort to be with them but as for now I will have to steal some exotics from the fam and friends to compete.

RocketBoy

21. quattro

quattro Karting

Jul 16, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Daniel Kelly
    I will definately be driving the passat, this should be a blast trying to keep up lol

edit; nevermind ill at least be able to outrun the h2

22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    We are driving in the city, so speedlimits and other traffic rules have to be obeyed.

23. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I can always go over curbs and sidewalks unlike a 308 can. We also have a military vet that will tell you the quickest way down the snowy Alp mountains in a military vehicle is usually the most steep...

Don't knock the Audis and their fam. VW and Audi seem to run the automotive world and I can barely see a difference between the Bugatti, Bentley Conti GT, VW Pheaton. Look at them in LeMans and Im certain there was a German tuning company that took a TT and placed a high powered motor in the front and back which made the already zippy looking car hit 250 mph. Perhaps it was called the Audi Bimoto? Can not recall the exact name.

With a name like RocketBoy I don't want to wind up in the back coughing on exhaust fumes. I'll pull a whiney brat move and either "borrow" a car for a day or remind my buddies how many times I loaned them cash while in Vegas a few weeks ago.

RocketBoy

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #49 tifosi12, Aug 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    yodel-a-HEE-who is that? Is that you,Andreas?