drivers side hazards not working | FerrariChat

drivers side hazards not working

Discussion in '308/328' started by spike308, Sep 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    After a contact in the light stalk went out on me last evening, I tried driving with the hazards to get to a friends house (I don't recommend driving your car in the dark without lights!). Got that all fixed up, to realize:

the drivers side hazards do not flash (front and back). Blinkers are fine, just not the hazards. I searched, could not find something specific for this.
    Switch problem?
    (BTW, I have Birdman's fuse box installed)

thanks!

2. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mike, it's funny you have this problem because my passenger side hazard don't work either both front and rear but, if you turn signal on either direction then the hazard works on both side. Somebody told be that the connection under the hazard switch might be loose or has bad connection. What do you think.

3. Paul_308

Paul_308 Formula 3

Mar 12, 2004
    Wiring diagrams show turn signals go through hazard switch. If one side hazard is out, that turn would also be out. Several posts lately with bad switch contacts, cured with contact spray. Occasionally the push-on connectors back off the hazard switch and need a gentle push-back.

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    any advice on how to pull out / remove the hazard switch?

thanks