Dubai Ferrari dealer only sells US spec cars? | FerrariChat

Dubai Ferrari dealer only sells US spec cars?

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Kain, Jul 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kain

Kain Rookie

Jan 15, 2007
    Is it true the Dubai Ferrari dealer only sells US spec cars? Why US and not Euro? Is it possible to get a Euro spec Ferrari from the dealer here?

2. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Why not discuss this with your dealer or distributor?

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  4. Kain

Kain Rookie

Jan 15, 2007
  5. zalbahadurji

zalbahadurji Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    Boston/Dubai/Mumbai
    as far as i know, Al-Tayer, the only ferrari dealer in dubai, only sells US spec cars.

6. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    no, al tayer sells mostly euro/ gulf gcc specs .....some usa spec.....as ordered by certain priviledged clients like the royals....and some others..

7. chevalcabre

chevalcabre Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Steve Maman
    no, al tayer sells mostly euro/ gulf gcc specs .....some usa spec.....as ordered by certain priviledged clients like the royals....and some others..

8. zalbahadurji

zalbahadurji Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    Boston/Dubai/Mumbai
    just a few months ago when we were optioning our car i specifically asked for euro spec because i wanted LC but the guys there told me they only get US spec cars. in january we got our US spec car. at the dealership there were other US spec cars, and in the workshop there were US spec cars. i have since been to the dealership 4 times, and still there was not one euro spec car.

9. today36

today36 Rookie

Aug 27, 2007
    Ordered a F430 there through a business partner and then find out after car comes in that I can't import to the US. Any ideas?

10. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
    I thought car dealers in the middle east sell ''gcc'' spec cars not ''us'' spec cars.

11. q8fly

q8fly Karting

Jun 29, 2007
    kuwait
    #11 q8fly, Sep 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    im from kuwait.i bought a 2007 f430 spider from qatar this past april & its a gcc car & most gcc countries sell gcc ferraris.us spec is poor doesnt have the LC.maybe uae has alot of american buyers that ship their cars to the states afterwards.because u know in the states the resale price of sport cars is much better than around gcc countries
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Infact, it seems that Qatari and Dubai cars are different. The one in your picture, which i believe is yours and Qatari doesn't have the side position lights, unlike the Dubai/US cars have. This is the commont point i found out between Fs sold in Dubai/UAE and in USA. The gauges are in kilometres on them tho. It would be interesting to know if except the gauges (which are in Kph also in Canada) the car is matching US specs cars or... matching 100% canadian specs cars. If it is indeed the case, then it would be hella interesting in some cases to import for example a 599 to the US... greedy greedy money.

And 430s sold in Dubai don't have LC.

13. q8fly

q8fly Karting

Jun 29, 2007
    kuwait
    #13 q8fly, Sep 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    yes maybe canadian ferrari,but here in kuwait the dealership just sells gcc cars.none of the front signal lights or us spec's.only gcc at the ferrari dealership in kuwait.i bought my car from qatar only because i didnt want to order a car & wait.Cash was ready & the car was there.Just around a weeks wait,instead of monthes.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Beautiful car. The Range Rover is also nice. Red on red stiching on the ferrari ?

15. BANANA

BANANA Formula Junior

Apr 21, 2007
    I am quite sure that all cars supplied in the gulf are GCC cars. they are built espesially to withstand the extreme heat and dusty weather. if there are american cars being sold they must be grey imports. maybe dubai cars are simiral to us spec cars but i'm quite sure there is differences.

16. burnout04

burnout04 Karting

Sep 16, 2005
    Malibu/Dubai
    can an American citizen living in Dubai import a car from the states if they agree to ship it out when they leave?

17. zalbahadurji

zalbahadurji Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    Boston/Dubai/Mumbai
    his car does have turning lights. below the shields.. you can see them in the second picture of the car

18. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Yea, but i'm talking about the side position ones, the ones you have in your bumper (sides) that turn on when you turn on the lights.

19. zalbahadurji

zalbahadurji Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    Boston/Dubai/Mumbai
    right.. i see the difference.. his car looks much cleaner.. i prefer it without them

20. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    They are GCC spec, which is neither US nor Euro. Upgraded items include thermostats, some ECU tweaks on some models. Upgraded a/c as well.

Maybe ask Luciano in service for a description of the differences.

As far as I know they can not come into the U.S., but a Canadian repatriating to Canada can bring along a personal car.

21. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    As I mentioned in a few threads in the past, this information is not correct.

All F-cars sold in the GCC are regular Euro-spec cars, except Dubai where they are regular US-spec cars. There is no such thing as GCC-spec.

See a previous post on the subject here:

http://www.thebestemployee.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136879090&postcount=2

22. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    omarabdallah, if that's the case, why does my car have a "T" in the middle of the VIN to indicate Middle East, not Euro or US, spec?

Mike in Kuwait

23. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    They used to have Middle East spec in the past. I don't remember when they stopped building them exactly.

If your car is a 355 or newer, then my understanding of this whole issue is wrong, and I would really be interested to learn more about it (which dealer originally imported it, etc.)

24. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Omar,

Mine is a 1992 348ts, as I understand it, originally imported to Kuwait by Al Zayani.

I would be interested in knowing how to find US spec vehicles for sale in Dubai (used)... is there a website or contact that you know of?

Mike in Kuwait

25. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    I don't know of any specific websites that may be of use to you. The used car market in Dubai is not as orderly as in the west, and I think that you will find that only a small fraction of what is really available on the ground is advertized on the web.

The official Dubai dealer only imports US-spec cars (with an A in the VIN), so any F-car anywhere in the Gulf that is originally a Dubai import will be US-spec. (Again, I am only talking here about recent models, 360s and newer to be absolutely certain of this)

So you can let it be known to anyone in the used car business anywhere in the GCC that you're looking for a Dubai car, then if they show you something, a quick glance on the steering column will confirm to you whether or not it is a US-spec car.

I suggest that you actually go down to Dubai and spend 2 or 3 days visiting used car dealers leaving your contact details with them and asking them if they have access to the models that you're interested in. That is probably the best way to go about it.