Ebay Help/Suggestions/Advice...? | FerrariChat

Ebay Help/Suggestions/Advice...?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Jan 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    At the advice of more than a few people, i'm gonna put one of my drawings on ebay, just to test the waters... i think i'm gonna try it out with the second picture in this thread and see what happens... But i'm not sure if i should keep the original and just sell a lithograph or sell the original or how much to start the bid at or what to make the bid increments... Any advice would be greatly appreciated; thank you.

2. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    How much time did it take to draw that? I would probably just start out at 5$ and see what kind of interest you get.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    DES, IMHO, you have real talent and need to continue to practice until you start putting sometihng on ebay for $.

PS I like your last one better than any of these.

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Not very long... i don't remember exactly... 2-3 hours, with a few short breaks in between... Almost all of the detail is shading, so it was pretty easy (comparatively)...

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Omar, are you suggesting i wait before i put something on ebay and practice more until i'm better at it, THEN i can start putting stuff on ebay...? i'm not sure what you meant... Any and all advice is appreciated... Thank you...

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  7. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    OK I got it, put a buy it now of 500$ and start the bidding @ $25. You have nothing to lose.

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...! That DID cross my mind, but i don't think it'll fly...

"This is a one-off McCoy original; there are no others like it in the world...!"
    LOL...

9. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
  10. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yes, I feel you need more practice. But judging by your progression, I feel that you are very close to that point.

11. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    I'm not an artist but I think they're pretty good.

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i actually started working on that when i got home last night, but then decided to wait until i could get all the words... Unfortunately, www.musicmademe.com is not working for me for some reason, but if you can somehow get me all the words to the whole song, i'll work on it tonight... i know you're on a deadline, so i'll do what i can... If you get the lyrics, you can post them or email them to me at: [email protected] ...

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, thanks Omar, but i've been drawing longer than i haven't; i doubt a considerable progression will occur any time soon... Thanks for the advice, though, i appreciate it... That's the kind of stuff i'm looking for...

14. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    You've made my day Carbon. You have mail

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Got it; looking at it, now, gonna try and bang it out tonight...

16. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    Thanks again and sorry to hijack your thread.

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think your pictures are very worthy of selling. :)

I think you could start them out at $5 and see what kind of response they get - Maybe even a $5-$10 buy it now for a lithograph. If the picture is of an obscure guy, not many people will see it. If you put one out there of Enzo Ferrari, it would attract some attention & you would have more potential customers.

Anyway, can't hurt to try!

18. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I've found when I sell things on ebay it helps to have other auctions going on at the same time and indicate you have similar stuff at auction. This way, someone may see another item and then click on "sellers other auctions". It has really increased the traffic on my auctions.

Art today is a funny thing. All I ever wanted to be was an artist(Hence my company name: Artisan Flooring) but computers gave alot of people with no talent all of the jobs. Not that the CG stuff is bad, alot can be considered real art, but the typical artists jobs are being lost to desk-top computers. Sad that real art is taking a back seat to people splashing paint on a canvass or digitally cutting and editing pictures. I haven't scketched or done any photography in many years, but I think I might just get out my pad and pencil. Thanks Carbon! It is amazing how quickly you begin to remember all of the techniques.

Are they worthy of selling...yes. Can they be better...yes. Can you make any real money...probably not, but it is the creative process that makes it worth while. Why not offer to scketch people in their cars with the serial number? I could see a specialty market for something like that, in fact several artists do that already. Just ask them for a photo of them in their car with all the info, you could charge anywhere from $100-$500.