Electric Fan Control | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Electric Fan Control

Discussion in '348/355' started by Roth, Feb 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Except that Power = torque x (2 pi RPM/60). Can't have one w/o the other since an IC engine can not develop torque at 0 RPM.

F456M likes this.
  2. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    Image Unavailable, Please Login This is a little more complex. All cars with high performance engines should use this circuit. I blocked out a few lines in the circuit incase BMW or Ferrari wants to steal my idea.

This design tells the drive exactly what the fans are doing. When the lower temp gauge triggers, both fans should run at half speed. A green LED in the dash let’s the driver knows the fans are working. Because it’s a series circuit, both fans have to run. If one fail, a red LED in the dash will light up. If indeed one fan fails, higher temp gauge will trigger. The circuit is now in parallel. One fan will run at full speed and a green LED in the dash shows what fan is running. The fan that is not running will light up an amber LED. Driver does not need an SD1, SD2 or an OBD1, OBD2 to diagnose the problem. The LED indicator lights in the dash pin point the problem.

F456M likes this.
  3. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    So why does One need to know what the fans are doing? Well, high performance engines are heat sensitive and they generate a lot of it. It’s the difference between a blown engine or a fan repair. This circuit can also turn the engine off and put the car in neutral if both fans fail.

Time for shameless solicitation. BMW, Ferrari , if you want this design, you can have it. I ask that you donate $50 to me for every car his design is utilized. :)

F456M likes this.
  4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik

I have genuine fear when it comes to this problem as my 550 Maranello propably is my greatest «thing» in life. It runs perfect, so why kill it with a stupid problem with the cooling system....?! Thanks for a great reply!