Elva vs Monza | FerrariChat

Elva vs Monza

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Booker, Nov 25, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
  2. Michael0713

Michael0713 Rookie

Feb 27, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I didn't realize Ferrari made that many monzas

3. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    well it is technically combined number of the SP1 and SP2 variants but yes it is more than expected for the price in my opinion

4. Gaetano Lucca

Gaetano Lucca Rookie

Oct 22, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gaetano Lucca
    The article mentions that, differently to Mclaren, "the Ferrari Monza does not have an air management system". This is not true: Ferrari's system is called "Virtual Wind Shield" and has been patented! You can find this information in Ferrari's own official page (https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/monza-sp1) but also in many specialized magazines ;-)

5. Booker

Booker Formula 3

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    I appreciate the input, however this was in context of McLarens ACTIVE air management, it does not appear that Ferrari's has any active or moving parts that adjust air flow. Will update article tho

6. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    I have not seen an Elva in person but just saw my first Monza and it looks so much better in person. I would also say having the V12 is advantage Ferrari.

Booker likes this.
  7. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I do not understand the point of either car. They are unsafe on the track and not street legal in the USA.

Rocks aren’t stopped by wind management systems. Who among us has not had windows chipped, cracked, or sand blasted on rallies or daily driving? We all wrap our cars to avoid damaging our paint jobs. But in these cars they will hit our face, chest, shoulders and those of our driving companion. Or we wear helmets and only get hit on our exposed body parts. It makes no sense to me.

That and they cost far more than say, an F40! For body kits.