Engine compartment pic LP400S,5000S | FerrariChat

Engine compartment pic LP400S,5000S

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Chadbourn Bolles, Nov 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chadbourn Bolles

Chadbourn Bolles Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Need engine compartment pics of the LP400S-5000S. Interested mainly in the water lines, from the radiators, also to the thermostat and water pump.

Chadbourn Bolles
    803 532 6257
    [email protected]

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I'm not sure this helps but it's of a totally original unmodified car (1121098) and you can see the solid water lines are painted

Image Unavailable, Please Login

DaniT likes this.
  3. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles

4. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Which engine are you working on? From what I recall a LP400S S1 is different than a 5000S.

Cheers Jim

5. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Correct, it would help to know exactly what variant Chad is working on

6. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Which engine are you working on? From what I recall a LP400S S1 is different than a 5000S.

Cheers Jim
    Jim, if you have pics of both I would appreciate that. The car is suppose to be a LP400S, BUT it has a 5 ltr engine in it. Not sure what the difference would be between the water lines and where they are placed in the car. Would like any help anyone can give.

7. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    So you really need the lines from an LP500S.

You may need to see an actual car as it's difficult to capture what you are looking for in images.

8. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    These are not glamour shots, 5000S water lines. Best photos I have.

Cheers Jim

Attached Files:

DaniT likes this.
  9. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    LP400 S1. The biggest change is the pipe that goes to the water pump goes up and forward on the 5000S and then connects by the thermostat. On the 400S it goes to the back and around the right radiator to the thermostat.

Cheers Jim
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

DaniT likes this.
  10. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Note, both of them are plumbed up the same as far as where the tubes connect to the thermostat, radiators and water pump. Only the routing to those points changes as described above. So either configuration will work. Since the car is a 400S I would recommend using the 400S style plumbing. The car most likely has the brackets in the correct locations for that configuration. However you will have to check that, since a 5000S engine is in there that may have been changed.

Cheers Jim

11. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Interesting the plumbing is slightly different on this 5000S, it is a slightly later serial number. Note the pipe to the top left radiator goes down and then back where the other follows the engine compartment line to the back of the car. Also note the line to the header tank is attached to the pipe that goes forward then over to the thermostat. On the earlier car the hose to the header tank goes to the pipe on the lower left radiator outlet.

Cheers Jim

Image Unavailable, Please Login

DaniT likes this.
  12. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    #13 MiuraP400, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    To discribe the plumbing in words. Water that exits the forward side of the engine goes to the thermostat. If the water is cold it is returned to the water pump. If the water is hot it goes to the top of the right hand side radiator then it exits the lower radiator fitting then goes to the top left radiator fitting. It exits the lower left radiator and returns to the water pump inlet.

It is the pipe that returns the cold water from the thermostat to the water pump inlet that changes between the 5000S and the 400S. On the 400S is goes from the thermostat to the back of the car then over to the water pump inlet. On the 5000S it goes from the thermostat over to the left side of the engine compartment before going back to the water pump inlet.

Cheers Jim

joe sackey likes this.
  13. Chadbourn Bolles

Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Leesville, SC USA
    Full Name:
    Chadbourn Bolles
    Thanks to the many that posted pics for me, you cannot know how much it all has helped me..

Again MANY MANY Thanks to everyone
    Chadbourn Bolles

joe sackey likes this.