engine type and number 599 GTB - 2011 | FerrariChat

engine type and number 599 GTB - 2011

Discussion in '612/599' started by alexsanadv, Jul 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alexsanadv

alexsanadv Rookie

Jul 25, 2018
    Brazil
    Full Name:
    alex sandro oliveira e silva
    Hello friends, I'm from Brazil and I'm doubtful about the engine number of a 599 GTB. I wonder if this photo number is correct, if it is Ferrari standard. Here in Brazil we do not have many models for comparison.

View attachment 2578809

Attached Files:

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Not too sure what your query is

Google will confirm that the F140C is the 599 engine and the owners handbook will confirm you are looking in the right place for the engine number

alexsanadv likes this.
  3. alexsanadv

alexsanadv Rookie

Jul 25, 2018
    Brazil
    Full Name:

Thank you friend. My question is if the number pattern is this, unfortunately, bad people, have the custom to tamper with the engine numbering, so I wanted to confirm if the number pattern is this one.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Typically I believe the engine number should be six digits like the chassis number but different and lower but not by a consistent amount so at a guess your chassis no is in the region of 200000 +/-20000

5. alexsanadv

alexsanadv Rookie

Jul 25, 2018
    Brazil
    Full Name:
    Hello Jimmy and thanks for the help. The numbering was covered for a matter of confidentiality and did not expose the owner. I managed to resolve the question with the Ferrari representative in Brazil and the number is right.