Enzo #400 built for the Pope | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Enzo #400 built for the Pope

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Exoticar Auto, Nov 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    haha don wallace is the guy whose son crashed his Enzo.
    MC12.

2. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #27 Peloton25, Nov 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    McLaren, without a doubt!

BTW, very exciting pics. Thanks for sharing. :)

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So it's confirmed then...? Don Wallace is the guy who bought 141920...?

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Of the cars sitting in that group of pictures, i would most definitely have to go with the Enzo... That rear carbon spoiler gets me hot just looking at it...

6. Bab

Bab Formula 3

Dec 4, 2004
    Moncton/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Its a tough call between the Enzo and the Mclaren, I would also have to give them a spin. But remember you can fit one extra lady in the Mclaren ;)

7. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    i like the way you think Bab...

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Great... MORE unsprung weight...!!!

9. Supercarlover

Supercarlover Formula 3

Sep 30, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Joshua B.
    Gotta go with the McLaren F1. The Enzo, MC12, and CLK-GTR are tempting...but gotta go with the "grandaddy" of them all. MC-F1 it is. :)

10. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    McLaren F1 by a Long Shot. Was Don Wallace the owner of the 400th Enzo?

11. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    The McLaren F1 is his, that's what my statement was in reference to.

He could be the owner of that Enzo, it really wouldn't surprise me, but I can't back that up. I just know that this year and last he has provided cars for that same Tampa Autoshow display.

Do you have any friends at the Dupont Registry? They could probably tell you where all those cars came from.

>8^)
    ER

12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Actually the additional lady would be sprung weight. ;)

>8^)
    ER

13. James Lightning

James Lightning Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    Canton, Ga & WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Parker Beach
    As much as I want to say the Ferrari or the McLaren I have to go for the CLK-GTR for the rarity and I must say it looks the most beautiful. But second choice would be the McLaren and then the Enzo. It would be a hard decision but it would all be determined on whatever is the most enjoyable to drive for me.

14. ComaJoe

ComaJoe Rookie

May 20, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Joe
  15. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
  16. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    Is nr 400 in US for good? Seeing that its a Euro spec... does anyone know if anythings been done to the car?

17. Shuey2k

Shuey2k Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Willi Schumacher
    Yes, Don is the owner of the 400th Enzo and NO his Son did not crash his first Enzo - he did.

18. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    #43 ClassicFerrari, Nov 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Heh, this sure makes it interesting. For the longest time alot of people (Including myself) thought it was his son.

Anyways, out of all these cars I would have to pick the MC-12. However, I would send it to that little known shop down the street from Maranello to have it repainted in that race car blue.

Vasco
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    i belive you, since i see you live somewhat near the area, but by any chance can you back it up? show us some hard proof? thanks

20. Exoticar Auto

Exoticar Auto F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 17, 2004
    Tampa Bay FL.
    Full Name:
    Exoticar Auto
    thats Gerds car,he ordered 2 not expecting to get one.He got both.One was on the cover of the Dupont a few years back.Thats his CLK GTR,he also has F50,355,Mercedes 300 gullwing,Saleen S7,Porsche GT-1,Jaguar XJ220 and so on.He has a estate on the water near Sarasota.I drove down there looking for him and his cars about 2 years ago.His house and location is incredible.He has at least 50 cars on the grounds and there all in a make shift type canvas warehouse in his yard.The day we were there,a covertible Testarossa was out front next to a 355 spider.We later seen him tooloing around in the F50.Never got to see the McLaren's(plural)I would have to say his collection has to be tops on the eastern seaboard.I then met him at the Festival of speed here in St Pete Fl at the Vinnoy hotel which was located next to the car show.He pulled up in the CLK GTR and he had a blond tailing him in his F50.He told me several cars were on the way and that his on the premisis auto detailer would be driving them over.between his home and where the show was held is a bridge called the sunshine skyway bridge.It is a perfect teting road for fast cars.Needless to say,it must have been a good day to sit at the top of the bridge and watch that collection fly by.The clk GTR one best of show.The best part was when he valet parked the car and folded out of the half size mini gull wing doors(hes a tall man)The valet kid had no idea on how to start the car or get it in gear.I volunteerd to no avail. :0)

Its coming up in Feburary and its free and on the water.The Vinnoy is tops when it comes to accomidations.Here are some pics.The F50 The CLKGTR and THE porsch GT1 can be seen here....all his.SICK $$$.

http://speed.patwilphoto.com/show?page=1

21. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    You've no taste!

;)

McLaren all the way!

22. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He had two McLarens. I say had because he sold both. I have the issue of Du Pont with both F1s pictured and both are silver. The orange one at the car show is Don Wallace's and he's the owner of Lazy Days RV dealership in Tampa. Gerd does not and has never owned that orange F1.

23. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    That McLaren F1 does not belong to Gerd Petrik. Gerd sold both of his McLaren F1s around 1999/2000. They were chassis' #045 and #067 and both were imported as Ameritech F1s prior to "Show or Display" being enacted.

Chassis #045 is Dark Silver and was sold to Armen G. at Newport Autosport, then went to Motorcars Intl in the midwest, then sold to Seth Neiman in the Bay Area. Then in early 2004 it was sold back through Motorcars Intl to Gary Schaevitz in New York, who up until recently also owned a yellow F1 - chassis #014.

Chassis #067 is Magnesium Silver and was sold to Elon Musk, the former CEO of PayPal who now runs SpaceX. He commutes to his office from Bel Air to El Segundo in it about once a week.

The orange F1 in the photos from the Tampa Autoshow is chassis #073 and belongs to Don Wallace with 100% certainty. It was auctioned through Christies in London in December 2003 and he was the buyer. Unless he sold it to Petrik since then, your info is incorrect.

>8^)
    ER

24. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    This kind of cars are usually "traveling" all over the world. It depands from the owner . Now it is located in U.S. but in next few years who knows (check the history of F50 GT)? Also I think that there was no modification made in it ,cause of its uniqueness and
    heritage. In October it was standing in Nurnbergs showroom in Germany (Kroyamas Nurnberg).

Pozdrawiam :)

25. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    The fact that D.Wallace's son probably hasn't started 1st grade is a pretty good indicator ;)

-R