Enzo Sighting! | FerrariChat

Enzo Sighting!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by true, Nov 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. true

true Guest

At about 2:25 P.M. I drove right by a red Enzo in St. Charles (Chicago Northwest Suburb) going West down RT. 64. I was literally in shock and did a quick U-Turn to get a better look. There were 2 cars between us and it almost seemed like the vehicle in front of me was 'fending' me off...it was going REALLY slow. Double yellow would not allow a pass..very frustrating. After we made the top of a hill, I saw it turn Southbound on Burlington Rd. I passed the 2 vehicles finally but hit the burlington/64 red light! Rats! I saw him disappear around a corner never to be found again. I was stopped for only about 20 seconds at the light, but this was enough for him to leave my site for good...amazing. They must have really been moving. I could not believe on such a gloomy day I would see an Enzo driving in my area. The big question: does anyone know anything about this car??? I would have never guessed seeing one on the street...let alone in gloomy 40 degree weather in my area. Who was it????!

Nick

2. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Nick, congratulations, that's awesome...! i'm still waiting to "spot" one on regular streets or highways... i think it's awesome that people are actually driving these cars and not queening them; especially in 40 degree, gloomy weather...

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,Fox Valley Motorcars ,a.k.a.Lamborghini Chicago is right out that way.(On Rt.64-North Av.) They also have Ferrari's. Maybe they know something about it. Or,there is a guy that goes on Bill Wildt's,"Motorsports Unlimited" TV show that lives out thataway,and he has a bunch of cool cars,and always seems to get the latest Ferrari that comes out. Also,there used to be St.Charles motorcars out that way,(closed now) maybe someone that was once affiliated with that has one.They had Exotic cars there. Or,maybe a Chicago sports player. I wouldn't be surprised if one lives out that way. Maybe it was Skip. :) I really admire that guy for taking his Enzo out today,in,as you said,Wet,gloomy weather. Because,I skipped taking out my 23 year old 308 today just because of that!

4. true

true Guest

DES: I've not been able to see one at the many car shows I've went to over the summer, I still can't beleive I drove within 5 feet on a very rural road outside a small town. I was driving my crazy turbo CRX at the time...was hoping I could catch-up to play with him/her. :)

I am familiar with FoxValley Motorcars and while I suspect they know something of this car, I also know they are not an authorized Ferrari Dealership. (eventhough you are correct they have many Ferraris) Mike from FVMC is on this board and I am hoping he can step in with some info.

The Enzo was spotted literally about 1-2 miles west from the now closed down St. Charles Motorsports. There is a high end body/repair shop next door that I believe used to be owned by the same person as St. Charles Motocars that is still functioning. I took a hard look at the repair shop next to the vacant SCM building but there was nothing but some Porsches. I also heard that St. Charles Motorcars was owned by the same owner as FoxValley Motorcars and is has been combined in West Chicago. Can anyone confirm this?

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Damn....CAN'T I HAVE ANY PRIVACY??

So I go for a little spin, and the whole world should know about it!! :)

(By the way, I didn't want to drive my 79' Caprice, what with the weather the way it was. So......the only choice I had was the Benz, a Roller, or one of the F-cars.........of course I drove the Enzo.

I don't mind trashing it!)!!!!!

6. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Hey Nick, How are you doing? The Enzo owner is a good friend of mine, I have some cool pictures of it. I can't give out the owners name for respect of his privacy, but next time it is here, I can give you a call. You are correct that we are not an authorized F-car dealer, but if a customer wants a particular vehicle, we will get it. The Enzo truly is a terrific car.

7. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Also, with regards to the ownership of Fox Valley Motorcars and St. Charles, the two owners split about six years ago; St Charles has since closed, and Fox Valley is on North Avenue in the town of West Chicago.

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,I remember that. But,I love stopping by FoxValley Motors and drooling over all of the beautiful selection of Exotic cars that they always have. Even though I am driving up in a Ferrari! I just recently drove out to the old St.Charles Motorsports location,and they are closed. Too bad,for them,and us who like to see as many Exotic cars as we can! (But,probably a good thing for FVM.) Plus,we have Continental Autosports close by.(5 min.from my house) To ogle their,always great selection of Bella Ferrari's!

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    True, very cool that you got to see one on the street, but unfortunate that you've not had the opportunity to see one at a car show; at the shows, you can stand there and examine them from all angles without the worry that they'll escape... i'm very fortunate to have seen 9 different ones in person, so far... Would've gladly given one of those up for a fellow enthusiast...
    i think it's so cool that the owner is DRIVING it; taking it out and DRIVING it... Not caring what the weather is, just DRIVING it... Did i mention DRIVING it...? :)

LOL, Darolls...

Mike, haven't seen you on here in a while...! i hope all is well...Knowing the owner, have you ridden in the Enzo yet...? Any comments...?

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    DES, not sure whether I can trump you 9 Enzo sightings, because I lost count...
    :)

Seriously I didn't count how many I saw last spring at the factory. In various stages of assembly. That's where I saw the red one with the yellow roof, which eventually found its way to the Aussies.

And yes, people actually driving these things have my highest respect. Nothing worse than an owner putting it into his museum and throwing away the keys.

11. Michael RPM

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Hey Des! What's up? Yeah, I've driven the Enzo many times...it really is cool. I'll have to dig up a video I took of it. You would get a kick out of it. 0-???mph on a two lane road in the country! Very fun!

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I have a Video from June's "Oak Street" Ferrari show,with the "Holy Grail" of Ferrari's all together,in a row. An Enzo,then,An F50,An F40,and a 288GTO. All angle's, all cars. Together. ...Must Have them...ALLLL!!!!

13. screentime

screentime Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Malibu & Chicago
    Full Name:
    Sean McKee
    Hey Michael,

If you can get me the Enzo footage by early this week, I might be able to include it in a video/DVD we a producing for the FClub to be available at the X-Mas party next week. Call me at 847-534-9000 or mail it to:

Sean McKee
    Screen Time Images
    974 Estes Court
    Schaumburg, IL 60193
    http://www.screentimeimages.com

By the way, were you the guy from FVM that ordered the Oak Brook Italian Car Show DVD? If so, did you enjoy it?

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, Tifosi12... The more "sightings", the better... :)

Mike, if you could post the video, that'd be great... i would love to see it... Congratulations on getting to drive it - that should be a whole separate thread in General Discussion (hint, hint)...

15. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    post em, please!!!!

16. true

true Guest

I'm great Michael, thanks. I figured you would know something about the Enzo! Of course I agree you must respect the owners privacy, I simply wanted to make sure at least someone knew about the car, and confirm that I really didn't hallucinate it. :) I could not have guessed I would have seen an Enzo in the wild on a cold Thanksgiving day. I will private you my info in case the car shows up again at FVM. I REALLY appreciate the offer. Really.

17. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    A guy in SW Michigan said he saw one on the road north of Elkhart IN about a month ago. Could it have been the same one?