Erratic power window | FerrariChat

Erratic power window

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Jim Riggs, Apr 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    I have been having problems with the passenger side power window on my 348. The switch on the passenger side door doesn't work and the other day the switch on the driver's side door wouldn't work either for a while. Now I am afraid to lower the passenger's side window. I have checked some threads on this and some have had trouble with the electrical connectors. Any experience with solving this problem? Thanks, Jim

2. rleander

rleander Karting

Sep 23, 2002
    Winston-Salem NC

Jim,

I've had a similar problem, the windows went down but would not go up. Having watched others on the list describe their various fixes made me assume the worse. However, last night, I simply removed the electric connection (unscrewed the bundle where the wire harness goes from the door to the door frame), cleaned the the various pins and connections, and twisted the connector back on. Both windows work great, and no more of the "slow window" problem. Start there and see if it helps.

cheers,
    RC

Here is a thread that talks about fixing the connectors if they are broken, with a picture of the connetors.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/discus/messages/256120/206397.html

3. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    RC-
    Thanks for the info. All the best. Jim