Espada with a bar. | FerrariChat

Espada with a bar.

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by KMS, Jan 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson
  2. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I vaguely recall hearing that the LM002 also had a bar. Maybe it was a popular Lambo option back then?

3. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Wasn't this car owned by Nick Cage at one time?

4. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I came very close to buying a silver 3rd series espada in LA....My wife vetoed it on styling grounds. Just because something looks like a Datsun B210 stepped on by Godzilla does not mean that it is ugly!
    The Espada is actually a more modern car than lots of the competitors, independent suspension and all. It was quite easy to drive, too.
    I suppose I could buy one and just leave it in the parking garage at work. Naaahh..I would confess within 4 weeks, or my kids would spill the beans
    :)

5. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Lukek I find the car highly desireable to own but I wonder how much it'll cost to take that bar out and resturn the passenger side to stock form.

There's a guy I see in Malibu on occasion in an Espada. Talked to a tuner friend of mine who knew of the car and apparently it's really worked. Lots of modifications. Lowered. Visually it looked like a NASCAR vehicle if you can imagine an Espada looking like that. Even had a 69 Camaro drag car like hump in the engine hood.

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I know that car. It has a late model carbed Countach motor with lots of modifications stuffed into it. Supposedly it is very fast. According to its owner, it is faster than his Z06.

7. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    Allan that's it exactly. I couldn't quite remember if it was an engine swap and didn't want to talk out of my a55, but that's what the modified hood was for. To clear the carbs.

Seeing that car made me want an Espada (alongside the future Diablo 6.0) but only if I can do it up the same way.

8. miked

miked Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That Espada has been for sale for a long time. It use to be on a "exotic car dealer" web site. They wanted a very high price, like the bar ADDED value! LOL

9. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    makes you wonder sometimes what people do. Why on earth.....?