Eurocar Werk in Houston | FerrariChat

Eurocar Werk in Houston

Discussion in 'Texas' started by ross, Oct 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I have an issue with a Mercedes e350 wagon on the suspension. Are these guys any good?

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    If it's the air suspension, been there, done that. Do NOT use the OEM parts, lots of good rebuilt aftermarket replacements from Arnott and Suncore. Rebuilt is about 1/3 the cost of OEM and the Arnott has a lifetime warranty.

3. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Had left my car at the airport for the weekend. Got back today and it was sunk down to the ground. Started it up and the system reinflated itself. But it must have a leak. I don't want to spend lots on this car since it's just not worth it but it is my daily. After market sounds good enough!

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Plan on ~$700 each wheel if it's the fronts. You should do them both at the same time. Ask me how I know. Haven't had to do the rears yet, but I think it's a 'single' system for both wheels.

5. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Eric has been around for a good while, and I have never had any bad experiences with him. He took care of Porsche Sypder replica that I bought for him and typically had a Dino around the shop.

I would have no issues with using him for any of my stuff, but I live out in the boondocks.

6. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    went to see them today. eric seems like a good guy, and he was familiar with the issue so i am dropping the car there tomorrow

7. fracman5

fracman5 Karting

Nov 8, 2009
    Used them MB and Porsche products, competitive price and good service, no complaints.

8. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    got my car back today.
    only have good things to say about the shop. polite competent staff. erik is very pleasant and affable. they worked with me on the part purchase and hours to do the job, and although it ended up a little more than i had wanted, they do have to make some money to stay in business.

overall, i would recommend them without a problem.

btw, while there i toured the garage and in for work were several ferraris - 355, 308, 328, and many porsches, lambo, jags, mercs, bentley, and even a jag xj220. so i think he knows that he is doing.

9. metaldriver

metaldriver Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    As you folks may know, FoH will not install aftermarket parts. I interviewed (yup, telephone call to ask certain questions) three independent shops in Houston. I was not impressed with the first one, the other seemed to be too busy, and my gut choice all along was Eric. I then took it to the next step for an in-person visit. The shop is not in the glitzy part of town, but living in Houston all of my fifty-seven years, this really does not bother me. I am interested in the skill of the mechanic, not the manicured lawn. :) Anyhow, on Monday I take my 360 there for Fabspeed headers and Brembo brakes. I am looking forward to working with this shop.

10. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    andy, did erik say he would allow you to bring your own aftermarket parts? this is what i do with my mechanic in geneva and it is much cheaper. i was hoping erik would allow me to do that, and on this job it would have saved me about $250. i understand they have to make money, but the parts issue is slightly grating.

11. metaldriver

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    I always let the "little guy" make a some profit on parts. In the grand scheme of things, a few hundred dollars pale in comparison to what the total labor bill will be. Not that I have a bunch of zeros at the end of my bank account, but to me, it's the right thing to do. They will remember you the next time as a "preferred" customer if you throw them a few bucks, which pays dividends in the long run.

12. MurcieMurcie

MurcieMurcie F1 Rookie

Jan 31, 2004
    European Auto Technics 281 873-5111 Located off FM 1960 near TC Jester, Best guy in Houston for Porsche/BMW/MB work

13. BSU

BSU Formula 3

Mar 30, 2008
    TX
    They are a good shop. They seem to do a lot of work on Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and Ferrari.

14. metaldriver

Apr 6, 2015
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Andy Vecsey
    I just picked up my 360 from Eric’s shop, where I had headers and brakes installed, as well as adjust the coilovers. The work was top notch, completed on time and within the dollar estimate. I stopped in a couple of times during the process and observed how deliberate and methodical the tech was executing the work. Well done and I hope everyone else has a positive experience with them.