European Dino Values | FerrariChat

European Dino Values

Discussion in '206/246' started by docbell, Dec 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I was wondering what everyone thought about what appears to be a huge difference in prices asked for US version Dino's in the States versus European models listed in Europe?

2. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    The strength of the Euro and the current market interest seems to favor Europe. There was a time when all the cars were going to Japan and with the value of Dino's where they are, the cost of international shipping makes sense for the savings that can be realized in North America.

3. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    What about import taxes or VAT? Any idea what this would add to the price of a Dino imported into Europe?

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I think it is 5% VAT (car is over 30 years old) and no duty (car originally made in EU). Not 100% certain.

5. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    5% tax on price incl. shipping cost with import into Europe from usa (Or any other non EU country) of an original appearing car older than 30 years and no longer in production.

Best Peter

6. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Peter, is that EU wide?

Does a 'temporary' import figure exist?

Regards, Alberto

7. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    I do not have the complete overview, but I know there are small variations. i.e. Holland requires importduties of 0% and VAT of 6%, where in Denmark importduties is 0% and VAT 5%. Germany, I believe, takes 7% i VAT and 0% in importduties. The tax most be paid before you can take the car out of the habor quarantine area. I don't know what you mean with the term "temporary" import figure.....But I doubt that you can get the VAT back if you export the car out of EU again. Maybe someone else on the site have more knowledge around these details?

Best

Peter

swift53 likes this.
  8. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I admit to being easily confused. I know that Euro spec Dinos in the U.S. are worth a little more in the U.S., and that Euro spec Dinos are worth even more in Europe, but are you also saying that U.S. spec Dinos are worth more in Europe than they are in the U.S.?

9. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    At present yes they are

10. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Curious...I have a 73 246 GTS Euro spec. Won cavallino platinum a few years ago. Still in perfect condition. Red, tan, daytona seats.....what is far market value?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    There are 5 GTS's for sale in autoscout24.com with an average price of 465,000Euros which in dollars is $550,203US.
    In mobile.de there are 4 GTS's for sale(5 actually, but I excluded the one "chairs and flares" listed)with an average listing price of 444,750Euros or $526,320US

These prices seem to be much, much higher than in the US.

12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds like you folks in the USA are very lucky - you can buy one of the greatest cars ever built for less then we can!

13. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    It's kind of surprising that there aren't more dealers scooping up Dino's in the US and shipping them to Europe for sale at a profit.

14. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    these are asking prices in Europe... not prices paid....

15. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Any idea on average what prices the Dino's are selling for in Europe?

16. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    market is very quite over here.... and the range is wide...
    for example 246 GT 200.000,- Euro for bad examples or examples with Vin issue and up to 450.000,- Euro for top top L-series Dino....
    average is around 300 to 330K Euro for ok cars...
    very good cars still achieve good money, average cars are 20 to 30% off peak prices two years ago, bad cars don`t sell or only very very cheap...
    US-models are on a discount over here for many years and this discount is widening...

17. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Let's try to be a little more specific - are the Dinos that you posted about US spec OR European models? It would be a more helpful comparison if we had that information.

18. dinogts

dinogts Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Your last sentence appears to contradict what Nuvolari (Rob C) said in post 9 above, UNLESS U.S. spec Dinos in Europe sell for the equivalent of $50,000 more in Europe than they would in the U.S., but the equivalent European spec Dino still sells another $50,000 more than the equivalent U.S. spec would sell for in Europe.

19. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
    These are European models