Evo car of the year | FerrariChat

Evo car of the year

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Jan 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I just saw the video. I’m
    Not surprised that a British company picked Mclaren as the winner- I’m shocked at how my they hated the Pista! The comments were interesting. And this for a 600k+ car with the supposed mark up.

2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Don't get the f car fanboys started on Evo review. Pista was 6th place LOL.

600LT is a weapon and your other review of it is how I feel as well. Be car is blast to drive on track, not a DD and at price point with 570 family replacement coming soon, would be a hard pill for me to swallow. It's going to take something pretty damn special to replace the 720 for me...as in probably only another 720 or 7xxLT.

3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I can get how it might not be picked 1st but listing at 6th is kind of funny. Makes you think they had an agenda or something. Most Brits seem to be critical of McLaren and bigger fans of Ferrari so this is an anomaly.

4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The LT will be a beast.

IPO1 likes this.
  5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Something to consider about the 7xx lt- it’s not going to be as easy and comfortable to get in and out of like the 720- simply because it’s going to have to Senna seats.

That was on big contrast between 720 and 600 that I noticed yesterday. The cutout in the roof for the 720 is a game changer in terms of ingress and egress. 600 with the solid roof and the bucket seats- it was a pain.

Granted none of us care but one of the appeals of the 720 is its daily drivability. That will change with the LT. Just something to consider.

Btw- IPO- on Fchat on the evo thread, you called out the obvious- people are leaving the Ferrari brand. Get ready for the lynch mob led Miley by none other than Schumacher himself. :)

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I bet the Senna seats will be an option - perhaps a must have option. Good point on the every day use, no point in having a car you aren't comfortable driving anytime you feel like it. I bet that it will usable the majority of the time but perhaps not as compliant, I will be willing to make that sacrifice. :)

Both Lambo and Ferrari have been losing market share to Mclaren of late. I am becoming more interested in Lambo over Ferrari these days mostly because of the Ferrari is a Ferrari BS. They need to step up their game up and stop the silly buying tactics.

IPO1 likes this.
  7. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Good thought on seats--I wonder if there will be options.

As to EVO thread I look forward to the replies...truth hurts sometimes ;)

Gh21631 likes this.
  8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    But you wouldn’t want regular seats in the LT version. I have my name on the list but honestly - I don’t need more power so I’m gonna have to rethink this and decide if I do the LT or maybe the 720 replacement? Who knows, it’s fun to speculate.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I too am more excited by Lambo offerings than Ferrari. My issue is with my 6’4” height, I have a tough time getting comfortable in a Lambo.

Oh and there was a post on the pista thread where someone said that ferrairnis changing the rules- to get a pista or limited edition car, you need to buy all the regular production cars- Lusso, 812, 488. Then and only then do you have the privilege to be able to buy a Pista.

I’m like- c ya! I’ll just buy something else. I’m sure other companies are happy to take a couple hundred grand from me!

IPO1 likes this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    There are always some fools that dont mind being taken advantage of.

11. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    It'll be interesting to see what seats are standard and optional in the LT. I'm betting P1 style as standard, Senna optional.

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I agree. It won’t be the seats that are in current 720.

IPO1 likes this.
  13. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Pista 6th? Dang...