EVO: McLaren Mega Test | FerrariChat

EVO: McLaren Mega Test

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by kingjr9000, Oct 5, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kingjr9000

kingjr9000 Formula 3

Sep 16, 2014
    I know this site isn't big on Macca, but I figured this would be a nice way to gauge the way Macca has come in the car world since the 12c (they are also including the SLR McLaren edition, which is apparently the one Macca wanted to make when they partnered up with Merc). They will be discussing the F1 and P1GTR (it seems they also gathered the MSO specials). This will be a nice way to gauge the direction, style, and improvements Macca has made since the 12c. Hopefully they will have the issue, scans, or the article on their website so everyone can see it, but if not, then i hope someone on either Mclife or here has an EVO membership so it can be posted. Ive already posted a 675LT video on the F12 vs 675LT post, but I'll post it and another video here as well. I doubt this will get much attention on a ferrari forum, but whatever, right?

McLaren Mega Test ? only in the new issue of evo | Evo
    Behind the scenes: https://youtu.be/7JozzuYLDI4
    Evo 675LT Leaderboard: https://youtu.be/5WCav_2jF2s

2. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #2 Peloton25, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This has my interest. EVO has produced some stellar McLaren related content over the years and I look forward to getting my copy off the newsstand when this lands Stateside.

BTS Photo below was shared on Instagram by @firstrides / Jason Grunsell with McLaren F1 #007 leading the pack.

>8^)
    ER
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That article says the longtail and LM will be included. That true? They're not in the photos and that sum value of all the cars they quote wouldn't cover all the various types of F1s there are let alone those plus all subsequent McLarens.

4. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I didn't see them yet and I think the GT is in long-term storage. Perhaps EVO have pulled photos from their archive taken during the 2010 F1 Anniversary event at MTC.

>8^)
    ER

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm sorry but the F1 is still the best sports car ever made. You could look at that car 50 years from now and still be amazed.

6. Aedo

Aedo F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2006
    Perth
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Why be sorry when stating that? It is an epic and unique sports car :)

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Its just an expression. But that car has yet to be surpassed by anyone.

8. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agreed, especially the LM.

I personally think it has to do with the hood. It really dives deep from the wheel arches to the center of the hood and the windscreen seems to extend far at the center. I have a feeling such lines on the front end of a car are no longer allowed due to pedestrian crash regs or something like that.

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Completely agree. It's unrepeatable in brilliance.