Exhaust Rattle 430 | FerrariChat

Exhaust Rattle 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by maybach, Jul 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maybach

maybach Rookie

Apr 10, 2005
    Hong Kong/New York
    Test Drove, and placed a deposit on, an 06 430 Spider with under 2000km on it today, the only issue was a rattle that seems to be eminating from the exhaust at all speeds. Its under warranty so it will go to the dealer for a check before delivery but was wondering if other owners could shed some light? Could this be related to the service campaign for the cracked exhaust brackets?

Many Thanks

2. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    It is most likely to be related to the service campaign for the cracked exhaust brackets. My June 2006 F430 had the same issue and once the brackets were replaced, the rattling was gone. If it hasn't been done yet on your car, it probably needs it. Also check your exhaust tips. On some F430s they were getting loose.

3. Maranello Racing Cars

Maranello Racing Cars Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Wil
    #3 Maranello Racing Cars, Jul 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Nice Pics, Wil. What year was this F430? Is this a problem for all years of the F430 or some years olny?

5. maybach

maybach Rookie

Apr 10, 2005
    Hong Kong/New York
    Thanks for a fantastic response, will pass this information on to the dealer. I would have thought this would have come up at the 1,000km service but I am yet to check with the dealership. Will do first thing monday morning.