News

Experiences with Scottsdale Ferrari Service?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Prashant Jolepalem, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Hello all,

I'm a new Ferrari owner having picked up an '83 308 GTS QV after years of window shopping. The car has a small drip from either the fuel distributor or fuel pump. The fuel system is one of the few systems that haven't been upgraded or restored on this car.

I could probably fix it on my own but I don't have a lift, and it seems like the two preferred mechanics in the area are going to be closed for the forseeable future.

My question is, would this be something you would trust the dealership with or would I just be better off waiting? Has anyone taken their older models to be worked on by the dealership?

Besides them overcharging me, my other concern is the previous owner got all his work done Ferrari of Salt Lake City. And though the car runs great, according to the service records it seems like everytime they worked on the car they would create a new problem (at the owner's expense of course) or they would miss something.

2. topcarbon

topcarbon Formula 3

Nov 3, 2006
    Wisconsin/Illinois / Mexico
    Full Name:
    jason
  3. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Like I mentioned, it seems like FMS is going to be closed for a long time. Can't even get anyone on the phone there.

4. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I stand corrected. Andy finally picked up and said he never closes, lol. I'm sure he will get me sorted out.

5. topcarbon

topcarbon Formula 3

Nov 3, 2006
    Wisconsin/Illinois / Mexico
    Full Name:
    jason
    He lives like next door and
    Never vacations. He is very passionate

azfast1 likes this.
  6. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Fountain Hills, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Alex Traverso. Do a search on this site. I believe he is a better choice.

technom3 likes this.
  7. stardoc

stardoc Formula Junior

May 5, 2005
    The big oven
    Full Name:
    K RA
    Andy at FMS is a good choice for 80s Ferraris, but he's always busy so expect to see the car back right around the time they find a vaccine for Covid-19, but he will always try to find a cheaper route to fix an issue. Expect to pay 2-3x more at the dealer.

Prashant Jolepalem likes this.
  8. technom3

technom3 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Give Alex traverso a call. He is excellent and incredibly honest. He is a guy that will earn your business for life and make you feel like a friend.

Great guy and have been using him for 10-15 years.

9. Prashant Jolepalem

Mar 31, 2020
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    PJ
    I spoke to Alex first because he was more responsive and I would prefer to use him because it’s a shorter drive for me , but he’s gonna he closed for a month or more.

from the other threads it seems like people are split on Alex vs Andy. In my scenario where my car went wrong within a week of bringing it home I’m just thankful we have multiple options besides the dealer and their ridiculous markups

technom3 likes this.
  10. Allen F

Allen F Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2006
    AZ / PNW / NYC
    Full Name:
    Allen
    Try Lusso Motor Sports (I'm NOT affiliated) but I've used them for Ferrari service and other exotics (they've worked on my Wraith and 720S as well). 480-500-5390. Lusso is pretty good at getting cars in and out.