extended warranties | FerrariChat

extended warranties

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by aerobat3, Aug 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aerobat3

aerobat3 Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    Baltimore
    Full Name:
    Robert Fiscella
    Hi, Although in general I am opposed to extended warranties, considering Ferrari repair prices, it might be a good idea. My 2019 Portofino with about 4k miles is in service right now for some software glitches and broken switches. My factory warranty expires in a couple of weeks. I have decided to purchase a 2 year extension. It's expensive, but my question is-- is it worth shopping around to different dealers. I know for some cars the dealers set the prices. I believe that the Ferrari extended warranty is pretty much "fair traded", set by Ferrari of N. America. My dealer is offering me a $1,000 discount. My inclination is to take it. Anyone else have an opinion re getting a better deal from a different dealer? Thanks,

Rob

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  2. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    Assuming you’ve decided to get the warranty I’d just take the discount and maintain a good relationship with your dealer. Don’t think you’ll find much better elsewhere so even if it’s a little more I’d still do that.

vraa likes this.
  3. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    What was the final price for the warranty on your car?

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

If they are offering you $1,000 off the retail price, I’d take it, quickly.

And as D Gold mentioned, buying it from your servicing dealer will create reciprocal goodwill worth more than any additional savings. IMO

Steve

p.s. When the engine oil leak occurs, you will be glad you have the factory warranty extension ( wink )

5. aerobat3

aerobat3 Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    Baltimore
    Full Name:
    Robert Fiscella
    Thank you all for your advice. I have a good rapport with the service manager, he has been very helpful over the years answering questions about my 360, then F430, even though I never brought the cars there for service. For the Portofino, the extended warranty is approximately 8k per year after the regular 3 yr warranty expires. But if you buy 2 years at the same time, they reduce it by 4k, bringing it to about 12k for two years. Since my car is currently in service with them for some software glitches they will knock off another $1k, bring the total price to about $11k for 2 years, years 4 and 5. I'm going to accept it. In terms of coverage it is exactly like the initial factory warranty. There are possibilities to purchase Ferrari coverage out to 15 years but I imagine the prices are very, very high.

6. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Robert,

You have a private message

S

vraa likes this.
  7. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    New Power right?

8. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Years 4 & 5 is warranty extention.

6 & 7 would be New Power

————-

8th year on, Main Power Warranty
    ( if you want the next years annual service & a year of New Power coverage that is ) or New Power

Years 15-18 becomes Power Warranty coverage only

S

9. aerobat3

aerobat3 Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    Baltimore
    Full Name:
    Robert Fiscella
    Thanks for the info and advice!

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  10. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Can you buy a Ferrari warranty from a different dealer than you purchased from and get your car serviced at?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

11. aerobat3

aerobat3 Rookie

Apr 13, 2021
    Baltimore
    Full Name:
    Robert Fiscella
    I believe you can.