F-40 Classiche Certification - Is It Essential? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F-40 Classiche Certification - Is It Essential?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by 512Tea Are, Dec 16, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Dear Graham,

I must say that my F40s are Certifiable, and I have been Certified. Or should it be the other way around? LOL.

You are quite correct in noting that there is indeed much lunacy that prevails within these United States of America.

With Best Wishes from Sunny California.

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

2. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    +1.

I think the program - while invaluable in some owners eyes - is really a clever marketing ploy by Ferrari. The expense is only justified to those owners who will sleep better at night knowing that they have every document, every brochure, every record, and an official classification on their beloved car. There is no doubt that it is a positive addition for any Ferrari to successfully complete the certification process, however, is it essential to that car's value or resale? Probably not. Could it help? Certainly. Is it worth it? Depends on the owner. Will I care to participate in the program? Probably not. In the end ... the value is in the eyes of the beholder. Some will bite and others will not. :)

3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

Dear Will,

It warms the cockles of my heart to see your technical representation of the components which make up our fine motor cars and form the basis for the Classiche Certification. For the Certification is indeed a very detailed affair which no PPI cpould even come close to duplication. But as we all know, generalization, lack of knowlege, prejuidice and such are flawed points of view, and it is my firm beleif that Enzo himself will affect those short-sighted and cause them to see the light.

Keep driving, and remember, NEVER change below 5,000 rpm!

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    You sir are a most perceptive man whose wisdom belies his youthful disposition :)

Joe
    www.joesackey.com

5. 348lmgt

348lmgt Rookie

Sep 13, 2006
    I have changed all OEM dry-rot brakes, gaskets, tires and oil changes, I have only3500 miles on a 1990 F40 that has all that Fca awards and others can reward it. I never changed the belts. What is the best action for resale?

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Joe Sackey seems to have his finger on the pulse of the market. Check with him.
    CH

7. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    unless you want a 2500lb paper weight I start with changing the belts

8. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    LMAO