F1 Cliente mechanics and their mobility within the Scuderia | FerrariChat

F1 Cliente mechanics and their mobility within the Scuderia

Discussion in 'F1' started by TeamF1Jr, Oct 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I figure somebody may know an answer on this board, having attended a few F1 Clienti/Ferrari Racing Days events I've noticed more than a few of the mechanics have familiar faces in that they used to be seen quite frequently on TV when they worked on the F1 team, now they're working on F1 Clienti cars. I've never asked one personally, but does anyone know if Ferrari has some sort of rotation where guys go back and forth to prevent burnout, is a move to F1 Clienti seen as a demotion, are some mechanics just burned out and request to move to F1 Clienti? Is Clienti seen as some sort of training ground to possible move up to the F1 team? I assume all of these are possibilities, but curious if any one has an insight to this.

2. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I know for sure that F1 Clienti is used as training ground for future Scuderia mechanics and that F1 mechanics usually are moved to other occupations each 2 or 3 seasons to prevent burnout. I suppose that some of them could end up as mentors of the newbies at F1 Clienti.

daytona355 likes this.