F12 - Aftermarket Exhaust = Heaven! | FerrariChat

F12 - Aftermarket Exhaust = Heaven!

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Nosferatu, Oct 24, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    USA
    I was on the fence but figured I bought this car because of that V12 sound I might as well go all in. Just bought the car a month ago and took off some of the stock system and tuned the ECU.

Went with Ryft Race Pipe, Capristo X-Pipe, Capristo Valve Controller, Stock muffler. Bought the exhaust used and got the install for cheap through the shop I bought the car from. Totally transforms the car! Now she sounds like a race car. :cool:

Cold start is savage. Probably 100dB plus. It's neighbor hating loud. Even valves closed it barely can attenuate the cold start. ;)

Idle once warmed up is rather tame. Sounds like stock valves capped open. Light throttle she's also very quiet. Due to this it makes normal driving very tolerable. No drone and can easily carry a conversation with a passenger. The throttle is basically a linear volume control for that V12. Lay into it and your conversation with your passenger is over. :D Getting on it and above 4,000 RPMs and it's just pure heaven listening to this motor. It really pops and burbles aggressively on occasion when getting off throttle. The downshifts the engine makes with the exhaust is addictive to hear.

Car does have a Mase Engineering OTS tune on it so there's zero check engine light. Car really picked up a lot of power with the exhaust (probably the cat removal). I'll have to do a formal VBOX test but looking at the acceleration in the clip I have below it's in the 6.7 or so range on 60-130 MPH which is moving.

Here's the order of all the clips in the video:
    1.) Cold Start
    2.) Warm Start (with rev up)
    3.) Just chill drive-by
    4.) Downshift drive-by
    5.) Coming to a stop (she gets nice and docile at idle)
    6.) Inside cabin part throttle and shifts
    7.) 60 MPH gentle roll on into it (in Italy/Mexico of course)
    8.) 40 MPH roll on roll on into it (in Italy/Mexico of course)
    9.) The best for last a tunnel hit (only could pull one gear)

BruceC, Beezztie, Eyeman and 15 others like this.
  2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    wow thats awesome. now you have me dreaming of putting such a system in mine

3. dinkman

dinkman Rookie

Jul 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    not telling
    i keep hearing the stock exhaust on the v12's is otherwise underwhelming/surprisingly muted. is that true?

4. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    USA
    Same name as on R8Talk I'm assuming that's you.

Stock it sounds okay above 4,000 RPMs. Stock the exhaust valves stay closed under 4,000 RPMs and it's silent. I had them cap the factory valves so they stay open all the time. Car has some volume sub 4,000 RPMs that was missing before. It sounds good on the outside but even with the windows down the car sounded quiet in cabin. Now it's full bore beast mode and therefore put the valves back in action on the stock muffler again.

5. dinkman

dinkman Rookie

Jul 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    not telling
    indeed its me

curious ballpark how much did your exhaust setup cost? that's another factor since no FF i've seen for sale has aftermarket exhaust on it so far unlike our r8's and i dont see anything for sale under $10k lol

6. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    USA
    I'll send you a PM on cost. :cool:

dinkman likes this.
  7. dinkman

dinkman Rookie

Jul 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    not telling
    thank you

8. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great video and that sound is intoxicating! Any ideas what that exhaust setup and tune gets you from an HP/TQ?

9. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    USA
    #9 Nosferatu, Oct 29, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
    Search my other posts. The tune only gave me 0.2 seconds on the 60-130 MPH acceleration pull same weather same night same patch of road. I'm not one to care about HP/TQ numbers because they can be manipulated. I'm all about the actual acceleration numbers. Can the car beat the clock before and after? I need to do a formal VBOX pull with the current mods but going frame by frame on the acceleration clip where I took the car up to 158 MPH that 60-130 MPH it ripped a 6.72 second time which is hauling.

The tune added 0.2 seconds but honestly seat of the pants didn't feel much. Deleting the cat with the tune is substantial power gains I could feel and the acceleration clip showed it. I'll try and get VBOX numbers tomorrow on my way to work since it's super early in the morning.

mdrums and Altoria F like this.
  10. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    An aftermarket exhaust on the FF/F12 is a night and day difference. Had a stock FF, too quiet. Now have had one with full Kline and full Novitec, both sound absolutely incredible. The scream going through a tunnel or an underpass is unbelievable.

ryalex likes this.
  11. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    USA
    Took some amazing photos tonight with a photographer friend of mine. I'll probably make a separate thread once I get all the shots but we took plenty of roller photography. Afterwards I wanted some good exhaust clips. We used my Tesla Model S Plaid as the camera car. Perfect car to capture audio. It's faster than just about anything and it's silent. Told him let me take the hit and just hang (don't walk away from me) so I can get the sound clips. Did a 2nd gear and then 3rd gear hit. Man I love this motor!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Oz-ATL, mdrums, FourFiveGreat and 3 others like this.
  12. Arbitrage123

Arbitrage123 Rookie

Mar 23, 2019
    New York / Virginia
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Amazing! Great photos.

13. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Beauty pics and sounds like the gates of heaven!

Nosferatu likes this.
  14. Patryk09

Patryk09 Karting

Oct 27, 2022
    Full Name:
    Patryk K
    I have the same radar detector in my f12, how the heck did you get it in the cigarette lighter without the plug being lose ?

15. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    USA
    I didn't. Bought an aftermarket plug with shorter stub. Shop I bought car from came up with that solution and it works. I did just buy a hardwire kit and a dash camera that Ferrari is installing for me next week. If you're in the USA PM me I can just ship you the cable for a few bucks since I won't need it anymore.

Patryk09 likes this.
  16. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sounds amazing! That V12 sound is so incredible!

17. bullzeye

bullzeye Rookie

Aug 29, 2022
    U.K.
    Anyone done just the X Pipe and Back box? How is the sound without taking out the stock cats?

18. Nikkososa

Nikkososa Rookie

Apr 7, 2016
    ryalex likes this.
  19. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Arf, I'm so influenceable...:(:rolleyes:

Kline exhaust ordered!:)

Flea7 and Nosferatu like this.
  20. av12345

av12345 Rookie

Apr 15, 2023
    New York
  21. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I have read all what I found on FChat about the F12 and aftermarket exhausts results.
    Maybe first I won't bolt on the Xpipe to check the sound with and without.

22. timemachine

timemachine Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Hartland Michigan
    Full Name:
    John Meaney
    Hey Nos,
    Love the mods, car sounds amazing! Did you ever get any VBOX numbers before/after mods?

23. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    I have already checked the Vbox numbers by several ATs, always on the same road section.
    I will check again when my exhaust will be here.

24. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Karting

Aug 31, 2022
    USA
    8.0 stock
    7.8 with tune only in similar weather

cooler weather so cheated a little (50s vs 80s in Florida) 6.8 to 7.2 range 60-130 once I added the exhaust with the tune

VBOX street hit traps 134 MPH with the work done to it. Traction limited 11.0 @ 134 MPH. Car is a upper 120s MPH car stock. Didn't feel much gain on tune alone (although consistently showed on the numbers). Adding the exhaust upgrade with the tune substantially felt quicker and the numbers prove it.

mdrums likes this.
  25. Paperclipz

Paperclipz Rookie

Dec 15, 2022
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Please could I know the cost involved in this set up? I would very much appreciate any information. Thank you