F12 dash suggestions | FerrariChat

F12 dash suggestions

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by gds7368, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    I've been playing with the dash display and here is my current version. After one year and 2100 miles on my 2015 F12, yesterday I found a setting to change to a digital speedometer in the right screen (the circular speedo gauge seemed harder to read).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

What dash setup do you all prefer? Can I please get any other settings suggestions? What about the screen to the left of the tachometer? You are a very helpful community and I appreciate your thoughts amigos!

Best
    Greg

thedimas likes this.
  2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Yes, the digital speedometer is definitely way better. I made that change at a rest stop, while on the 800 miles trip back home after picking up the car.

gds7368 likes this.
  3. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    I have the parking sensors coming automatically at speeds below 6km/h (3.7 mph) (not just when in reverse gear).

4. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    That’s a great idea. How do I do that?

5. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    #5 R J, Jun 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    WilliamB likes this.
  6. R J

R J Formula Junior

May 17, 2017
    UK
    I find this useful in parking garages - avoids having to push the button to switch the front sensors on.

7. gds7368

gds7368 Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Columbus, Ohio
    Change has been made. Works great. Thanks!

R J likes this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Big speedo on right. No radio. Left as you have it but like to switch to oil pressure during warm up. There is a smaller digital speed readout in this configuration on the left anyway. I like gauges rather than numbers. Despise screens in fast cars.

9. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Sorry to the OP for going off topic. What pressure should one look for during warm up, or until warm up?

10. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Mine always goes +70 to 100 psi on startup. The needle jumps around and always stays above 70. I love the way the engine kicks the car a bit as it goes through the few stages of warm up gradually lowering the idle and then reaching a steady idle rhythm. The engine is a massive element and during the warm up period you can feel its performance edginess. For me I can back out when the water temp is up a couple ticks and the oil temp needle starts to move up. Takes 2-3 minutes.

otakki likes this.