F12 -- Left Side Instrument Display Question... | FerrariChat

F12 -- Left Side Instrument Display Question...

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Bobby_P, Aug 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    Upon start-up the left side instrument display defaults to the speedometer. I then manually toggle over to the oil & coolant temperature page.

Is there anyway to make that particular page on the display my default? Can't seem to find anything in the manual...unless I am missing it.

Thanks!

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You have to set the right side display as your speedometer then the left side can be used for gauges. This is my preferred setup. Using the right side display controls hit the Back/View button to set the right hand side display as your speedometer. You can select analog or digital. Then the left side display will default to the temp gauges or whatever you have selected. See page 118 of the manual. I don't use the digital because its not needed as the left side display shows the digital version if you are in a speed zone. IMO all gauges in a car like this should have been quality analog but I didn't get asked.

Bobby_P and BruceC like this.
  3. BruceC

BruceC Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2018
    Tucson, AZ
    Hah! .....I've read through the manual several times and of course referred to specific sections repeatedly and still somehow still missed that this setup was possible. Even then, it was a bit confusing how to switch from the digital to the analog speedometer on the right TFT without going back to the manual. Has me wondering how many people just "get in and drive" without ever learning about so many of these features.

Thanks for the advice!

Bobby_P likes this.
  4. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    Through experimenting I had previously figured out I could solve my "problem" if I set the right-hand-side instrument screen to the speedometer. However, I prefer to keep that display on the radio station page.

I just find it odd that there is a default requirement has to be set as a speedometer when, in fact, the oil & coolant temperature screen still provides a speedometer reading...albeit in a smaller format.

Was hoping there was a work around, but doesn't appear to be the case. Good thing the F12 makes all those glorious noises or I would be mad. :)

5. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I just get in and drive. Never set a radio station and never set a destination in the navigation nor connected a phone or remote music. Took several years to discover that the side mirrors close electrically. If you take the car and its power seriously then no time to mess with this riff raff. But if you do want to explore try using the pit speed control without the owners manual.

CETH likes this.
  6. Bobby_P

Bobby_P Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2004
    Yeah...I see what point you are trying to make...but having the oil & coolant temperatures displayed isn't exactly "fluff."

7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Agreed. As I posted, if you set the right display for speedometer you can default the left to gauges. I like to monitor oil pressure and voltage on startup then the oil and water temp for ready to go. Just pretend this is waiting for you:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bobby_P likes this.
  8. Deejrc

Deejrc Rookie

May 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    D J RC
    Just get in and drive here.
    I worked out the cruise control on the move in sodden conditions on the M25 around London on my first drive after picking the car up.

T&P stuff, engine and tyres are irrelevant for the first 15mins, after that you are ok and it’s just one or two flicks of the left arrow on the pad to navigate to them. I leave the right screen on nav, don’t bother setting destinations, or flick to the radio screen to change channel.

Apart from that leave the rest of it alone, no need to go dicking about with stuff. You have a Rev counter and speedo, it’s all you need. Every engineer in the world knows never to offer users too many options or things to play with - they will only **** em up.