F12 TDF current market pricing and volume | Page 5 | FerrariChat

F12 TDF current market pricing and volume

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by gzachary, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Agree. He's a click-bait Youtuber. "On to the next" is his MO. And his $10k/mo lease payment now unsustainable!

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Not the worst way to burn a few hundred k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LVP488, DGPF, -K1- and 1 other person like this.
  3. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    i enjoy most of his videos. he does drive his cars instead of collect them.

uhn2000, DGPF, mclaren slr and 4 others like this.
  4. LMH

LMH Karting

May 5, 2019
    Spain
    That’s 24% down in 2 years.

As the financial crisis is just about to start, will it go down another 25% down to 500k?.

In my opinion yes

DGPF and mclaren slr like this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The car was delivery miles when he bought it and now 4k miles so price drop is also related to him using the car. So not a good comparison of delivery miles 2018 vs delivery miles 2020.

6. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    sure but is there anybody today ready to pay 850.000£ or 950.000 euro for a delivery mileage TdF?

of2worlds likes this.
  7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Depends on the spec...

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    well the bianco tartan car with lots of blue carbon trim languished at the dealer for quite some time and that was a nice tm build spec. Prices seem to have dropped. Even the few for sale in Canada were in the 1.5mil USD range and sold for less. One was for sale at least a year and eventually sold with a 25 percent price reduction on less than 500km of use.

9. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Agree down from the high for sure. Nearly everything is.Was hoping to pick one up at $700, but just dont see that happening.

of2worlds likes this.
  10. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    also in EU price is in the range of 700k euro at dealers...in the final negotiation less than above. Of course private seller get a lot less
    for what I see and I have been offered it doesn’t matter too much mileage....in this range I saw cars between 175 and 6.000 km

this is the trend from last year not for Covid but for sure today situation will push the trend in same direction

11. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    well I can’t imagine any specs worth 850.000£ aka 950.000€ today.......of course if you want/need to sell and not just asking
    but I agree that spec is important.....at least good ones are moving, TM or not doesn’t matter. viceversa some times TM cars are not so attractive or didn’t get any premium
    IMHO

of2worlds likes this.
  12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Just shooting from the hip. I can see $750k being a number that would start motivating buyers.

ewright likes this.
  13. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Most TM specs sell for less or just end up sitting forever.

500drvr likes this.
  14. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    According to my dealer the 812VS be a numbered limited edition, probably similar to the tdf in production, to be released in September followed by a LE 812 VS aperta, Others have posted a similar comments in the 812 VS thread. After the past few months, the pricing for the new car is likely to be a bit more conservative than before and I expect to be less than the the current asking prices for tdf. Ferrari will for sure correct the handling problems in the new car that makes tdf's handing quite problematic. So, even if the styling of the 812 splits opinion, the 812 VS is going to be overall a better car, and it is going to force the price of tdf further down.

I don't know where the 812VS will be priced, but Ferrari will not leave money on the table for flippers like they did with the tdf in 2015. If the new car is priced around 500-550k euros with options, then that's where tdf prices will be heading towards.

DGPF likes this.
  15. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I Clearly don’t see what makes you claim that TDF handling is problematic. Please elaborate if you can.

I own a tdf so I may be biaised, but i think it also allows me to react. The tdf is clearly a raw machine if you push it hard and it is why I love it. You have to drive it properly and it does not forgive much if you don’t know what you are doing. In today’s world where the vast majority of sports cars have numerous and intrusive electronic nannies, it is quite refreshing.

I am of course looking forward to the upcoming 812 vs, but I am not sure Ferrari will dare to go as far as they did with the tdf, and believe me, I do hope I am wrong !

uhn2000, LVP488, of2worlds and 3 others like this.
  16. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    As result of Barry's repeat posts over the years about how much the tdf scares the life out of him to drive, the overwhelmingly obvious conclusion is that he entirely lacks requisite driving skills to properly enjoy this exquisite, incredible machine. There are plenty of us here who find it simply the most exciting modern car ever built. And plenty as well who track theirs, and find absolutely no such "handling problems."

17. Roland1688

Roland1688 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    Taipei
    Full Name:
    Roland
    Barry K,

Have you ever tested drive TDF since you claimed it of handling problem? Can you specifically elaborate the handling issue you concerned?

I have owned my TDF for several years and feel excited every time when I drive it, quite opposite from what you claimed.

4_Eff_Sake, Eilig and Caeruleus11 like this.
  18. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I know many long term TDF owners, not one of them speaks of any problems with the handling. They just love the car.

19. Spider68

Spider68 Karting

Aug 21, 2010
    Switzerland
    Couldn’t agree more!! The TdF is just an unbelievable driving machine ; I don’t track mine but I just love how this car flies

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

20. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Barryk just keeps repeating the same nonsense over and over that the TDF has handling issues, despite countless opinions to the contrary by people who actually own and drive the car. He has zero credibility on the topic

21. XSQF

XSQF Rookie

Apr 5, 2019
    Best car Ferrari made since the F40, there I said it.

22. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    I love the way my TDF drives, but it deserves respect and a bit of track time to understand the limits and knowing going beyond is going to make you need to change your underwear. Seriously if you don’t know your driving capability, don’t try to overdrive the TDF, take your time and find your comfort zone. The TDF isn’t the problem it’s a spectacular performance car. Ferrari gave free certificates to its driving academy to all the buyers in the US that purchased the TDF new for a reason. If you didn’t previously have track time they wanted to familiarize you with a true beast of a car. As one car critic pointed out the 812 is to boxing what the TDF is to an MMA Cage Fight, more brutal and raw, that’s why the TDF is so desirable and may never be duplicated. The 812VS may be slightly faster, but more nannied to keep some of the naysayers of the TDF’s bad boy behavior in check.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

23. NeilF8888

NeilF8888 Formula 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Miami Beach
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Ha! Funny how history continues to repeat itself........similar comments used to be made on this same forum just before the introduction of the TDF when comparing it to the GTO. :D

Caeruleus11 likes this.