F12 TDF current market pricing and volume | Page 8 | FerrariChat

F12 TDF current market pricing and volume

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by gzachary, May 12, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RotKopf

RotKopf Karting

Jul 27, 2004
    This is not an accurate or fair statement. 4_Eff_Sake and Eilig are documented owners who, over the years, have contributed meaningful, useful, substantive insight on what it's like to drive this car. If you do a search, you will see it.

2. unotaz

unotaz Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have owned my TDF for almost 3 years now and I can tell you from my experience, the rear wheel steering calibration isn't quite complete. Compared to Porsche's RWS set up, I feel since this was Ferrari's first crack at RWS, and this was an incomplete job. The car is very challenging to drive if you want to go fast both on the street and on the track. The TDF makes the handling of my CGT seem much more predictable :D

Here is another perspective from my good friend, who is an ex-formula 1 driver and a Le Man LMP1 winner. He owned the TDF for several years as well:

"Ferrari V12 are great! Yes, I had one myself for a while, it's tricky, quiet tail happy. Too much weight on the front axle and steering ratio is too direct, making it feel insecure and sensitive. Tricky car to drive at the limit!"

ScrappyB and BarryK like this.
  3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Would love to join this group

Sent from my 16M

4. SirPouyan

SirPouyan Karting
    BANNED

Oct 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    SirPouyan
    Barry, I am relatively new to this board and don't know much about the individual posters nor their ownership history. In general, I am amazed by the general level of knowledge and exchanged information. So many well informed Ferrari owners here. The trash talk is amusing, especially when a poster is clearly out to antagonize or has no ownership history. But in your case, I don't get it. Many people seem genuinely upset with you, though you apparently are well heeled and love driving your Ferrari in Germany (?).

Is the root of the trash talk that you did not get a TdF allocation and are upset by that? I hope so because I can not imagine a Ferrari enthusiast not loving the TdF. I have never driven a TdF, but I know enough about it to know it is the real deal. What gives?

Roland1688, Spider68 and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  5. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Thank you for an informative post. Drove the TDF for the first time on track last weekend. The comments above about tail happy/insecure and @Red Sled saying the need to transfer weight to the back wheels into corners and @gzachary observation about 812 feeling more weighty were borne out during those laps, particularly when the electronic driver aids are reduced to only ESC. With ESC off as well, the oversteer was too much to do a proper lap.

I have also posted in the past the TDF RWS system was work in progress and the 812's feels more secure but several posters here disagreed at the time:

www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146224110

The issue on many of these tdf threads is that there are a small number of members who become aggressively personal about any dissenting views, presumably because they don't want to hear a bad word about their car. So real, balanced driving impressions like the ones above are quite rare. I for one place far more importance to comments from an ex-F1 / Le Mans LMP1 winning driver that the tdf is insecure and sensitive/tricky.

Boomhauer and dustman like this.
  6. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    reduced from 649 to 629k.....clear market trend indicator
    694k euro
    it's a very good and clean car......but for me with the steering wheels on the wrong side!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

LVP488, of2worlds and ScrappyB like this.
  7. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    There was a time when the UK RHD market traded at a premium to LHD. But it got into a bubble which has been deflating for a while now. After Brexit and arrival of 10%+ import tax, RHD cars will be even less desirable in continental Europe.

As for 625k for this car, not sure if this is good value. A more famous owner with fewer miles sold his tdf at Bonhams auction in London in Dec 2019 for £605k including premium.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25502/lot/15/

I think UK RHD cars are now more like £ mid-500k for the typical 2k+ mile car.

And what will happen when the 812 tdf version arrives?

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Bump... any recent transactions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    For the UK market the best gauge of current pricing for exotic cars is provided by Joe Macari
    http://www.joemacari.com/
    They are one of the few dealers that I have come across that post realistic prices on their website and their inventory invariably moves much faster than other dealers with pie in the sky prices with cars sitting for months or even year+ in some cases.
    They currently have a TDF with delivery miles (130) listed at GBP650k so GBP550-600K for a 2k+ miles car seems about right to me.

BarryK likes this.
  10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    #185 Eilig, Jun 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2022
  11. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    Don’t think it’s plus VAT, it’s £680k

12. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Hammered 610k, but pre-auction listing said 12.5% buyer premium, plus VAT.

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    vat on premium only ..total around 701.5K gbp

14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
  15. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    ^^ VAT assuming the car stayed in the UK.

16. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    No I don’t think so - it was registered in UK in early 2018 so Taxes paid then.
    As above, the VAT is only on premium, not on the car itself in that case

17. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    You are absolutely correct.

18. john Owen

john Owen Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Owen
    Just checked and the final hammer price was £678,500 and a total for the buyer including £90,420 buyers fee is £768,920.

19. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Hammer price 610k. Watch it for yourself, starting at 4:10:22

JAM1 and Il Tifoso like this.
  20. Rabies

Rabies Karting

Apr 4, 2020
    UK
    Hammer price was £610K
    With buyers premium, the total cost to the buyer before VAT was £678,500

If the buyer is required to pay VAT then an additional £13,700 is payable.

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    correction 692200 incl fees and vat