F12 tdf market price thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F12 tdf market price thread

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    #51 F2003-GA, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
    Good to hear you're doing better

2. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    $499K

3. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    "Had the TDF been called GTO, that would have been a hit on future values.". <<< Does that really matter? Everybody know that these are just marketing labels. The 599 GTO is an awesome car but is a GTO in name only (it is a super special GT but there is no O, as in Omologato, going on). The F12 TdF will probably be even even more mind blowing but it doesn't really have much to do with Tour De France (unlike the original 250 TdF!). You'd think these cars are special enough on their own right with or without a moniker that a marketing guy came up, and if they are that special should we really care if said moniker is shared with another extremely amazing car?

4. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    USA?
    Somebody says $499K, what currency is this, and where?

5. mik458spider

mik458spider Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    I look at the video, the downshift is very kicking and fast. There is no way you can downshift like that in a normal 458. Is there anyway we can upgrade the shifting?
    I actually wanted this car and totally not a car flipper, but my dealer LOL at me. I don't want to pay 50% more to the used market.

6. Camlet1

Camlet1 Formula 3

May 3, 2014
    UK
    Rationally, I couldn't agree more. But humans are never rational when placing values on material things, just look at the range of opinions across this forum :) We'll never know but I believe had Ferrari called the TDF the F12 GTO, future values of the 599 GTO would be less.

7. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Actually, not exact. The 599 GTO is a homologated version of a track car (the 599 XX) so in that respect it does follow the history. In actual fact, the only GTO that never took to the track was the 288 as Gr. B was outlawed before it could happen.

The F12 TdF is a commemoration of an iconic car. Sure these are marketing issues but when you are Ferrari and you have a book full of historic names, why not use them? Cars need names. The Daytona is a case in point as it was never called the Daytona.....

This new car is a Ferrari that is not easy like an FF or F12 but is a car that needs the driver's full attention. This may disappoint many, but it is also what made certain Ferraris iconic.

So long live the history and emotion in a name!!

8. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT
    "The 599 GTO is a homologated version of a track car (the 599 XX) so in that respect it does follow the history" <<< I'm no expert on homologation but I don't get this. You build a certain number of street cars in order have the race version allowed to compete in a particular race series by the respective sanctioning body. No homologation is needed for a track car, you can track whatever you want. Again, that doesn't make the 599 GTO any less special but it simply isn't a homologation special like 250 GTO or 288 GTO (even it the latter ended up not competing). It's part of a larger problem - when Ferrari decided to focus on F1 its road cars became too removed from the racing effort.

9. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I'm sure you have to apply to buy one and be a good customer to get one. Ferrari decides who is deserving to own one.

10. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    +1.
    You have to be a well respected, notable collector and long standing Ferrari customer.

...like Justin Bieber or that guy from Slovakia who crashed his LaFerrari in Budapest or the kid in China who also crashed another LaFerrari.

11. Neons

Neons Karting

Jul 25, 2015
    So I'm just trying to understand why some people would flip LE cars and be blackballed for a quick dollar (or couple hundred thousand at that) Can somebody explain?

(And not targeted towards you as a rebuttal or anything, just confused)

12. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Do we know for certain Bieber got a factory allocation vs buying a pre-owned car from someone who did get an allocation?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

13. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Yes but their ad implies the car is not physical and the dealer on its site claims 3 month delivery ie whilst they try to source one

14. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Link doesn't work for me?

15. ilikefastcars1

ilikefastcars1 Karting

Dec 11, 2010
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  16. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
  17. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Carbon McCoy would be able to answer that. Not sure if 100-200 more 599 GTO's were made but there were quite a few more Aperta's made than the official number of 80, like around 40% more.

That information was documented in the Aperta thread and on Matthias Urban's F-Register site, which is accessible past a pay wall.

-F

18. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    So, any real asking prices?

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Give it a week or 2.

20. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Still no prices?

21. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    +1 people say it as if it was true. I also have never seen any proof of that.

22. Gene-O

Gene-O Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2015
    1) So when Adele's entire U.S. tour sells out in two hours (yes the --> entire tour <--) you think that all those tickets going to scalpers is just so much noise and that both Adele and paying customers aren't getting the shaft? And let's not go to "Well she makes enough money... ". A racket is a racket.

2) This whole system that Ferrari uses is prejudicial and hypocritical in my book. After acquiring my 458 S the only way I could, I saw one after another magically appear at the dealer like clockwork, all "scalped"... so in essence, they *are* being auctioned off... the dealers are making bank, and the buyers are the ones getting their heads shaved if we're not part of the "private country club". It's like a friggin' fraternity all over again. Ferrari "suggests" that you add $200k of options or else "sorry Charlie... no allocation". I'm Italian and I know what this is and you know what this is too.

In 2005 I just walked into a Porsche dealer and bought a new CGT for below sticker but still a healthy profit for the dealer. Everyone wins. It was my first Porsche (second was a base Cayman... no "ladder" there). I waited years for appreciation to set in while I enjoyed the car and then "true" market forces, not "fake out" ones let me make my own decision. That's capitalism. What Ferrari does (condones?) is something else.

To call it "smart" is like saying it's perfectly fine that landlords in NYC chisel and cheat renters whenever possible, while there are no laws allowed for "multiple listing services" that would level the playing field.

"Wink... wink... nod... nod... wait 2 years on a list or scalp one after 1 year."

We're all just a bunch of chumps! There'a an old Italian saying that translated goes something like this: "You never have to do anything to your enemies... you just wait by the side of the river." The implication is that eventually they will just float by.

23. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I'm afraid you should probably look to FNA as the source of the problem. In the UK, it is pretty straightforward. Speciales were not selling in the beginning and even when they were flying out the door, you could walk into the dealer and pay sticker. As a standard production model, never an issue.

24. FFantastic

FFantastic Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2015
    UK Riviera
    The cynic in me concludes that there are no losers in this as;

1. Ferrari create future funding for the next incarnation by releasing with much hype the generally over priced 'special' version and in doing so pamper the egos and possibly wallets of the favoured few.
    2. The favoured few feel very privileged to be accepted which is understandable.
    3. Those who feel they should have been favoured but weren't pay well over the odds so they can appear as if among the favoured few. Not all I agree as some just can't help wanting the sheer excellence of the usually end of line specials.
    4. The much publicised price hypes have a knock on effect increasing the demand and value of the remaining special stock.
    5. The marque generally benefits from the sensationalising of the inflated transactions as the public perception is that all Ferraris are fought over by the eager wealthy.

Unfortunately the whole exercise is somewhat cyclical and if speculating you have to sometimes be prepared to put it all on Red.........so to speak